Suances Teens Surf Camp - Suances, Cantabria. Spain
If you are looking for a different kind of summer camp, check us out. Suances Teens Surf Camp has an intensive surf lessons and a whole range of beach, nature, and fun activities. A well-deserved vacation in the best place to discover a fantastic sport in a unique verdant and beach environment.
A unique combination of nature, beach and entertainment where you can enjoy to the full your free time while you immerse yourself in the surf world. The seaside is a favorite summertime destination. If you want to mix some action, sport and good vibes, surf is the best choice you can make to have the ultimate seaside adventure. A perfect combination to make your well-deserved holiday a success.
You will be embraced in a pleasant and friendly atmosphere from which friendships stems naturally from sharing breakfast, waves, and thrilling experiences. For balance, health and multiple activities. Surf is about Balance and we apply this concept to the whole project.
We provide accommodation, surroundings and activities closely linked to the environment. One of our aims is to reduce the carbon footprint generated by our activity. A full breakfast with homegrown food, a sauna and water activities can be the key to a healthy holiday.
We are a group of surf and nature lovers who dedicate part of our lives to accompany you in what fulfills and satisfies us the most: to reach that climactic moment when you surf the most intense wave and all of your problems fade away.
- Designed in areas of the camp completely surrounded by nature
- A complete set of beds (sheets, duvet, pillow, and pillowcase)
- Electrical power and plugs available for mobile devices
- Storage space for suitcases
- Individual lockers (with key)
- Common area
- we clean them on a daily basis to maintain our quarters dirt-free.
- Two shared dormitories: Domo and the Yurta
- Dome: 5 bunk beds making it an even 10 in total (The beds at the bottom are doubles or singles, while the beds at the top are all singles.
- Yurta:6 beds (double and single).
- The camp includes a Zen garden
- 2000 square metre private organic garden
- Green areas available for your recreation
- A shared kitchen has all the necessary equipment to make any dish, with a cooker, an oven, a microwave and two refrigerators.
- The dining area is composed of 4 large gazebos, big wooden tables (and a surf table) and benches.
- Our old-school barbecue is laid at your disposition are for making amazing dishes.
- The dry sauna, for a maximum of 4 people, is perfect to use after surf lessons and even has a built in sound system
- Small pond and a chill-out terrace ideal for contemplating, the beautiful green meadows of Cantabria with cave art from “the cave of witches” in the background.
- We have integrated bathrooms with indoor showers, as well as the original outdoor showers attached to the sauna to take a recovery-bossting contrast shower or a simple rinse after surfing with sunset views.
- A pylon for the sweetening of the surf suits after the courses. After rinsing, they will be left to dry in the air for proper maintenance.
- Mountain bikes can be used in the different bike lanes and routes that we have in the nearby areas
- Indoor surfing material (slackline, longskates, indoboard, bosus) is used to improve your surfing on the mainland.
- Videos and books about surf
- Outdoor Cinema
Information for Parents and Guardians
For any question concerning the surfing, the stay, special food requirements or anything whatsoever, arrival or departure from the camp, childcare and supervision, bookings, and so on, please contact us
Suances Teens Surf Camp
A part of our camps, especially in the mornings, surfing will be the main activity. The camps are intended for both boys and girls who have never surfed and for those who have already had their first contact with the world of surfing or who already dominate the board.
Also, back on land, we will complement activities such as the slack-line, the long skate, the surf skate and the review of the photos and videos to enjoy the best moments surfing while polishing failures. And many more things that you can’t miss!
Lessons take place on three of Suances big beaches: Los Locos, the best beach in Cantabria according to the “Guide of Surf and Skate 2013”. The La Tablia beach, 10/10 according to “Surf Guide in Spain”, and the beach of La Concha for easier waves. You can take home a Surfbook illustrating your best moments on the waves and at the camp.
Tell me more
We will start with the technique in the sand and the safety to continue with the practical development in the water. Afterwards, we will refine concepts about the correct standing, the choice of the best waves and the distribution of weights to maneuver in the board.
- Duration: 2,5 hours daily
- Small groups
- Experienced instructors.
- Learn fast
- Progression geared to your level
- Includes all the necessary equipment, the shuttle to the beach and the Civil Liability Insurance
- All of the classes provide an explanation outside he water, a demonstration and technical practice on the sand.
- Everybody is given personalized advice on how to improve their techniques.
- The course finishes with a revision of all material covered during the camp.
If you prefer bodyboarding you can improve your technique and learn with us.
Surfing is an adventure activity which takes place in a natural environment and can be dangerous. In order to help you to surf and minimize the risks, we offer the best support with experienced instructors, small groups and Civil Liability Insurance.
- Supervised surfing,
- Bike tours on the bike path
- Beach volleyball
- Longskate and indoor surfing
- Excursions around Cantabria
- More varied activities depending on the affinities of the group
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
Suances Teens Surf Camp is located 15 minutes from Torrelavega, the second most important city in Cantabria. It has a bus and train station. It is also 30 minutes from Santander which also has an airport. In addition, it is 1 hour and 15 minutes from Bilbao.
Suances Teens Surf Camp offers collection and transfer services for minors who come to the camps from Torrelavega, Santander and Bilbao. If you need it, get in touch with us.
PRICES & PACKAGES
10 to 17 years old
|PRICE PER PERSON||DATES||PRICE|
|Session 1||June 24th to July 1st||425€|
|Session 2||July 1st to 8th||465€|
|Session 3||July 8th to 15th||465€|
|Session 4||July 15th to 22th||465€|
|Session 5||September 1st to 9th||465€|
- 7 night stay in shared dormitory
- 24 hours of care and surveillance by our Free Time Monitors with close treatment
- Personalized support of the minor by a Coordinator of free time in any kind of personal difficulty during the stay
- 7 days of Full Board (breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner with good varied products and healthy cooking)
- Homemade snacks, fruit and juices at any time
- 7 days of Surf course with a daily course in the mornings of 2,5 hours (17,5 hours in the water, with games and related exercises in the camp).
- Surf material (custom surfboard, wetsuit, lycra and accessories)
- Afternoon activities such as bike tours on the bike path, supervised surfing, workshops, games, ginkanas, beach volleyball, longskate and indoor surfing
- Excursions around Cantabria
- Insurance cover for Civil Liability and Accidents
- Farewell party with barbecue, evening, video projection with the best moments of the week and delivery of diploma
Service Transfer of arrival or departure
- Santander 29€
- Torrelavega 15€
- Bilbao 135€