French Alps Winter Teens Snowboard Camp - Megève, Haute-Savoie. France
Megève Snowboard Camp offers your child an unforgettable winter full of action at the foot of Mont Blanc. We are delighted that our programs interest you. We are convinced that our camps are the best place to enjoy winter vacations.
The objectives for our participants:
- Study a foreign language by total immersion in an international setting with a multi-lingual team from all over the world.
- Take part in all sorts of winter sports: snowboard, skiing, iced-skating. Become an international citizen by living in a multicultural context with continuous interaction among peers, which naturally leads to the respect of others.
- Learn about themselves and blossom by exploring all their talents. Exceed their limits to achieve significant accomplishments through sports and discovery activities, and the creative workshops which comprise much of the daily activities of the camp.
All of this takes place in an environment which is friendly and secure, the essential building blocks of constructive and stimulating learning.
- Very close to the center of Megève, just a few meters from the Rochebrune chairlift, the children will stay in apartments which sleep up to 6 people. To keep an organisation on a human scale, we deliberately limit the capacity to 20 children. This allows us to create a multicultural dynamic and ensures the well-being of all participants.
- The children appreciate their stay in one of our hotel-style apartments in twin rooms decorated in the alpine style synonymous with calm, comfort and relaxation. Each apartment has heating and a fully equipped kitchen. The apartment also has a television and private bathroom with a bath.
- We are very conscious of allowing the campers time to rest depending on their needs. Bedtime varies, therefore, depending on their age and the activities planned in the program.
- As security is one of our main priorities, a counselor sleeps in each apartment with the campers or on the same floor of the hotel.
- Outside of the school holidays, the children will stay in a top class hotel in the center of Megève. The rooms sleep 2 to 4 people. This establishment combines tradition and comfort.
- We have our own car service which can take us to the center of town or to the foot of the slopes.
- Meals: The children have their meals in a restaurant on the ski slopes at lunchtime and in the evening, in the restaurant of the hotel. Our chef focuses on creating a delightful menu for our campers with balanced diet and the tastes of the children. We will provide special menus (vegetarian, gluten-free etc) with advanced notification.
For fans of powder, winter sports and thrills!
Welcome to ski paradise! What better way to combine improving your French or English with intensive training in your preferred sport? Our ski and snowboard programs allow you to do both. Megève snowboard winter camp offers you the opportunity to be trained in smalls groups by excellent professional instructors.
The ski and snowboard lessons are given by the ski instructors from the ESF (Ecole de Ski Français) school of Megève. The children will be placed in groups adapted to their level and the ski instructors will help them perfect their technique and discover new sensations on the snow. At the end of the week the children can pass their ‘star’ ski or snowboard test. The aim of these activities is to have fun and to surpass yourself.
Children may be beginners. They can take ski lessons from beginner to advanced level, free-skiing training, Special Teens and Crossbag, or snowboard lessons. Progress guaranteed! This is the perfect opportunity to practice your favorite sport in the mythical resort of Megève, with its multitude of snow parks, off-piste and secret spots.
At the end of the day we get together for a special event: team games, fun activities… Also, on Saturday, an activity will be offered to children such as snow-shoeing, igloo-building, etc.
The ski area Evasion Mont Blanc is simply magnificent. It groups together the resorts of Megève, Saint Gervais, Saint Nicolas, Combloux and les Contamines. It is appreciated for its diversity of slopes and landscapes, as well as the altitudes ranging from 1113 to 2350m. In the shadow of the highest summit in Europe, there are no less than 450km of slopes, adapted to all tastes and styles and equipped with 117 ski lifts.
Live your holidays to the full by making new friends, sharing a thousand and one activities, and awaken a new passion!
At our camp learning even during the winter is a pleasure, as the method of teaching is stimulating and fun!
The counselors are specialized in looking after this age group and making sure they feel comfortable and confident.
- Two one hour lessons daily for the intensive acquisition or refinement of the language.
- English or French, as a foreign language. Maximum eight students per class, divided into groups depending on level. Varied resources are used (theater, role-playing, interactive whiteboards, excursions).
- Take part in your favorite sports
- 6 half days of skiing or snowboarding from Sunday to Friday with tests of your level at the end.
- Sweet hot chocolate and pastry
- Indoor/outdoor activities
- Skating, iced-cars, swimming
- Visiting the town
- And much more …
Types of ski lessons available:
- GROUP LESSONS: 7 to 16 year old
- SNOWBOARD LESSONS: from 7-17 years old
- INITIATION COMPETITION for 7-12 year old
- CROSSBAG TRAINING: Minimum 12 years old or Bronze Flèche Surf 2
- SPECIAL TEEN TRAINING: Minimum 13 years old with the Bronze Flèche
- FREESKI TRAINING: Minimum 14 years old with the Silver Flèche
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
Megève is located in the heart of the Savoy Alps, close to Switzerland and Italy.
Located in a preserved mountain environment at 1113 meters, Megève is a safe and secure village with a delicate charm far from the city life. Megève combines the charm and elegance of a winter and summer sports resort with a real Savoy village, rich in its history and its people. In the summer, Megève invites you to enjoy walks, mountain biking and horse riding, along with water and air sports.
Perfectly equipped with a sports infrastructure, Megève offers a wide choice of activities linked to the mountains and comes to life in the summer with a large classical music festival and a jazz competition which everyone can enjoy. There are wonderful nature walks and you can make all kinds of discoveries by following paths, animal tracks, or the clouds. Our Language school s situated in the center of the village of Megève, in close proximity to the ski slopes.
The nearest international airport is Geneva, and access to Megève is easy at only 75 kilometers.
Getting to Megeve is easiest from nearest airport Geneva which is around a one hour drive via the Albertville-Chamonix motorway. Chambery and Grenoble airports are also convenient and offer short transfer times to and from Megeve.
Flying to Megeve
Megeve is located just one hour from Geneva and is also close to Chambery and Grenoble airports.
Distances and drive times from nearest airports to Megeve are as follows:
- Geneva airport 70km – 1 hour
- Chambery airport 90km – 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Grenoble airport 120km – 2 hours
For more information go to:
- Geneva Airport www.gva.ch
- Chambery Airport www.chambery-airport.com
- Grenoble Airport www.grenoble-airport.com
Getting to Megève by train
Megève is close to Sallanches railway station, just 12km away, which allows easy access to Megève by rail from London, Paris, and other major European cities. There are direct trains from Paris to Sallanches at weekends, while a change in Annecy is required during the week. There are also direct trains to Sallanches from Geneva, where you have to change if you are coming from Milan. There are frequent shuttle services from Sallanches to Megeve as well as taxis available.
Driving to Megève
- Paris – 600km – 6 hours
- Lille – 760 km – 7 hours 30 minutes
- London – 1,060km (661 miles) – 10 hours 30 minutes
- Milan – 270km – 3 hours 15 minutes (via Mont Blanc tunnel)
PRICES & PACKAGES
Kids 7 – 17 years old – All periods
|FULL BOARD||DAY CAMPER|
|1 week||2270 €||1495 €|
|2 weeks||4540 €||2990 €|
Supplement of 475 € for the weeks of 26/12 to 07/01
- Registration fees: 150 €*
- Ski accident insurance: 100 €/week*
- Laundry of personal effects: 50 € (once a week for campers staying longer than 7 days)*
- Snowboard lessons for levels 1 and 2 in the place of ski lessons: 53 € supplement
- Snowboard lessons for level 3 in the place of ski lessons: 148 € supplement
- Initiation Competition (from 7 years old): 70 € supplement
- Cross bag Training (from 12 years old): 43 € supplement
- Special Teen Training (from 13 years old): 107 € supplement
- Free ski Training (from 14 years old): 107 € supplement
- Ski equipment rental: helmet (compulsory), skis, poles and boots (high quality material): 200 € for one week
- Snowboard equipment rental: snowboard, boots and helmet: 200 € for one week
- Transfer to and from Geneva airport: 300 € /transfer
Services and fees included in the price of the camp:
- Intensive language courses
- Ski lessons and ski passes
- Full or half-board accommodations depending on formula chosen
- Coordination and supervision of the activities by the staff of Camp ILC
- All excursion/entrance fees
- Sports and cultural activities
- One Camp T-shirt
- A USB key souvenir with camp photos
The price of the camp does not include:
- Possibility of transfer to and from Geneva airport travel, personal expenses
- Insurance in case of illness or accident (proof of insurance must be provided), any medical costs incurred.
- POSSIBILITY OF «PROGRAM A LA CARTE»