Wave Hunter Surf Charter - West Sumatra, Mentawai. Surf Camps in Indonesia
At Santa Lusia we aim to offer the best possible value for your Mentawai experience, without sacrificing comfort, safety, and quality.
We feature comfy beds in our dorm room with privacy blinds and personal powerpoints, plus a private double bed cabin for a lucky guy in the group. Also, food is very important in our books all meals are included and prepared with love by our chef and his assistant. Snacks and drinks are always up for grabs, you will forget what hunger means.
You will be looked after by a western surf guide and a crew of locals that know everything about the area. Our captain is considered the best around!
No doubt that Mentawai chain being so good for surfing, but we also have some toys onboard in case you want a change in activities. You can find a SUP, snorkeling kits, spearfishing guns, loads of movies, bean bags everywhere, and 3 free beers a day for each guest.
We operate almost all year long, with a pause for maintenance, but high season is April to October. You may opt to come on low season for a better deal and less crowds if you are happy with smaller surf 🙂
Wave Hunter is 70 feet long with 50mm wood planking making for a very solid vessel. It was rebuilt to accommodate up to 16 passengers with comfort. 2 private cabins and 12 beds dormitory all with AC. The top deck also give our guest full-wave view front and back.
- Comfy beds
- Dorm room with privacy blinds and per personal powerpoints
- A private double bed cabin
- Air-conditioned comfortable living room with a large TV
- Up the top we have loads of open space for you to unwind on the bean bags
Food is taken very seriously, very skilled chef specializes in Western, Brazilian, Mexican and Indonesian cuisine. Breakfast is always up early and you can order extras. Lunch and dinner are servers at 1 pm and 7 pm respectively. Plus free fruits, snacks, chips, cookies, chocolate and desserts to make sure you never get hungry
We have a rotating menu which includes various dishes of rice and beans, spaghetti, pasta, quesadillas, tacos, fish, chicken, beef, vegetables,
salads, all you can eat.
Please inform any diety restriction as soon as you book.
Main Fleet Specification
- Very solid vessel
- 65 feet long
- 50mm planking
- 2 Mitsubishi 622,s
- 280 Hp/ Engine
- Guaranteed hull speed of 8.5 Knots
- 2 x Genset 25kva coupled with Mitsubishi colt Diesel,415 VAC 240VAC 24vdc
- Furuno 24Nm radar
- Garmin G.P.S
- S.S.B. Radio I-Com 700 S.S.B
- V.H.F. Radio
- Epirb 104Mhz SOLAS
- 15 Man Life Raft SOLAS all Flares and Safety Equipment
Speed Boat Specification
- Boat : 4.75m long x 2.25m wide aluminium Tender with 40HP Tohatsu outboard
- Centre console steering
- Additional inflatable boat with 5hp Yamaha engine for back up
The main activity at Santa Lusia boat is surfing. Each day we will be at the spot offering the best conditions and less croweded spot for it. At Mentawai Island group, there are a wide variety of breaks, the chalange it to get perfect and not croweded waves, so our surf guing is an expert western guide will always take in consideration, the surf level, the size & direction of the swell and Wind.
Shallow reef breaks
Ideal for experienced surfers, tube rides.
Ideal for experienced beginner and intermediate life chance of easy barrels rides
|Pit stops||Burger World||Nipussi|
|Baby Kandui||Karanbijat left||4-Bobs|
|Lances Left||Sand Bars||Bat Caves|
Exploration of he islands nearby
Highly Experienced Captain
Experienced western surf-guide
Photographers and videographers team
Very skilled chef, specialized in Western, Brazilian, Mexican and Indonesian cuisine.
Wake up at 6:30, have a coffee and fruit salad and head out for a session.
You’ll come back in at 9 and order an omelet or pancake, then chill up top with a fruit juice watching the surf.
You may wanna go for a paddle on the SUP, snorkel a bit or just watch a movie until lunch is up at 1.
After lunch, you’ll land heavily on a bean bag and briefly nap while reading your book with the waves rolling on the background.
Up refreshed, you’ll grab a snack and head for the arvo session, which will last till almost dark.
You’ll then crack open a Bintang and watch your and your friends waves on the TV as dinner comes out.
Another 2 Bintangs later it’s safe to say it’s bedtime!
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
We operate all over the Mentawais and will always aim to show you as much as possible of the place while focusing on finding the best waves.
Typically, we depart from Padang in the first evening of the trip and cross over to the Mentawai region overnight. Depending on condition will choose the start of our journey. Our priority is to make our guests happy, there are so many options around and we will do the schedule upon arrival. The 11th day we will leave the archipelago in the evening and travel overnight back to Padang.
Make your way to Padang (West Sumatra), upon your arrival in Padang, our ground crew will be ready to pick you up from Minangkabau International Airport to Hotel/Harbour and return.
1. International > Jakarta / Bali > Padang
International flights to Jakarta or Denpasar (Bali)
– Garuda Indonesia
– For Australians, Qantas, Jetstar, AirAsia, and Malindo Air
2. International > KL > Padang
Flight to Kuala Lumpur > Padang
– There is a budget airline AirAsia fly from KL to Padang return on selected days.
- Please ensure you arrive by 4pm in Padang for the first day of the trip.
- Your flight out of Padang needs to be departing later than 10am on the last day of the charter.
PRICES & PACKAGES
All Trips only USD 2,250 / person ( Normal price USD 2,600 )
12 Nights all Included
|11 Jun to 23 Jun|
|26 Jun to 07 Jul|
|10 Jul to 22 Jul|
|24 Jul to 5 Aug|
|07 Aug to 16 Aug|
|18 Aug to 30 Aug|
|1 Set to 13 Set|
|14 Set to 26 Set|
|29 Set to 11 Oct|
|13 Oct to 25 Oct|
|27 Oct to 09 Nov|
|10 Nov to 22 Nov|
|24 Nov to 06 Dec|
|09 Dec to 20 Dec|
|22 Dec to 03 Jan|
- Pickup and return from Minangkabau International Airport in Padang, Sumatra. Transfers: Airport/ (Hotel) / Boat – Boat / (Hotel) / Airport. It takes around 40 min from the airport to the Boat harbour
- 12 nights charter
- Air conditioned very spacious dormitory accommodation for up to 10 guests
- TV, video, speakers
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Snacks and fruits any time of the day or night
- Water, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cappuccino, juices, soft drinks
- FREE 3 BEERS PER DAY/ Person. This is transferrable – if your mate doesn’t drink you get 6 a day
- Use of all onboard equipment: dinghy, stand up paddle board, snorkelling, spearfishing gear and safety equipment
- Surf guide, skipper and crew onboard to make sure everything runs smoothly
- If you believe all of your group will be drinking more than 3 a day, please let us know so we can stock up at an extra charge. We also provide free juices, soft drinks, water, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and cappuccino – available anytime onboard.
- If you have a group of 7 or more you could request to go to other Surfing locations near West Sumatra, such as The Banyaks, Telo, or Hinako.
- Flight Tickets.
- Hotel in Padang if an overnight stay is necessary (not usually the case). There are a few options of hotels located 5 to 10 min from Santa Lusia harbour costing between 30 and 100 usd/ night/ room for 2 guests. We are happy to assist with making a booking.
- Mentawai Government Surf Tax – 1 million rupiahs (around 75 USD)
- Professional Photography and Videography packages.
- Wine and spirits are available at an additional cost upon request at the time you pay for your trip.
- Tipping the crew is not mandatory but very appreciated. All members of our staff are super nice and humble, always ready to help. To see their smile when getting a tip or a gift is a beautiful thing. All cash tips are distributed evenly among them.
- Photography and Videography