T-Land Surf Resort - Nemberala beach, Rote Island. Indonesia
T-Land Surf Resort is an exclusive and charming Resort, located just in front of the main waves of the area, T-Land and The Bommie. The surf boats are moored on the beach right in front of the Resort, which allows a quick access to both of the waves. This also saves us from wasting time carrying the boards by foot to the breaks, a really important detail that is much appreciated after surfing for several days under the intense sun. All rooms have incredible views of the sea, palm trees and the white sand beach. Each one of the rooms are decorated and inspired by Timor style, always respecting the local tradition. This is a magical place where relaxation meets the excitement of surfing!
T-Land Surf Resort is an exclusive resort designed to accommodate small groups (maximun 16 people) thinking of the comfort, peacefulness and an idyllic tropical setting. It’s a perfect destination for surfers traveling in couples, with friends or family, but also ideal if you´re traveling alone, as you will experience a warm family atmosphere here. The Resort is hidden among the palm trees of this remote island in Indonesia, perfect for a getaway away from the crowds of Bali.
At all times you will be served by our friendly and hospitable staff that are under the direction of a team of western surfers who will offer you a high-quality service. The whole complex is fenced all-round with coral rock assuring privacy and safety without the detriment of the sea views.
NOMAD SURFERS’S FEEDBACK OF THE ACCOMMODATION
“This resort is located right in front of the break T-Land, very close to the village of Nembrala. The staff is super super attentions and friendly, speaking really good English. The owners have a vast knowledge of the waves and they always recommend you where the best place to surf is. We recommend this place for a crew of surfers wanting to be close to good waves and to have the easy access to go out to all the breaks in the area by the Resort’s surf boats. It’s also the right choice if you want to have the convenience of 3 inclusive meals a day and to watch a beautiful sunset at the end of the day, right from the sun beds of the Resort while having a Bintang. The Resort is also perfect for families since there is a pool on the premises and a calm ocean/lagoon right in front of the Resort. This oceanfront accommodation is magical!”
- Restaurant with beachfront location
- Sunset bar and swimming pool
- Bed options: double or twin. All beds are equipped with mosquito nets.
- Hot showers
- Fixed and mobile fans
- Available cot with mosquito net for children under 2 years
- Two daily cleaning services
- Bath and pool towels available in each room
- Amenities such as bath gel, shampoo and conditioner
- Mini fridge
- Safety box
- The Bungalows are located right on the shoreline of the beach, allowing you to have easy access to the waves of the Island.
- There are 8 Deluxe Rooms created with traditional design of local architecture
- Hand-built by artisans of the island using local materials from Rote itself
- The bungalow roofs are thatched (local name daun kelapa) resting on coral-rock walls
- Spacious, comfortable and offers the best views of the wave of T-Land, the immense sea and superb landscapes surrounding the resort
- In order to avoid the inconveniences from walking in a tropical climate and into an air-conditioned one, we have designed the rooms in such a way that an ideal indoor temperature is sustained by using the sea breeze and the energy of fans
- Charming rooms with their own distinctive decor. To achieve this we have been inspired by a combination of Timor Style furniture (antiques) with teak wood first quality
- The private bathrooms are outside
- The terraces offer magnificent sea views
- The Restaurant is situated just by the beach
- An open and spacious space, with a strong traditional aesthetic value
- Every day our Chef along with our kitchen team prepares a gastronomical healthy offer which mixes foreign influences with the most traditional rotinese cuisine
- The kitchen is open to the dining area enhancing our devotion to quality, local produce and correct handling of food
- If you have any special dietary request, please let us know when booking
- Internet Wifi in common areas
- Credit card payments
- Transfers to the port and Ba’a airport
- Fully-equipped rooms with terrace and unbeateble views
- Unlimited transfers to the main wave spots (T-Land and the Bommie)
- Laundry service
- Rentals available: surfboards, stand up paddleboard, motorcycles, bicycles, fishing equipment, snorkeling equipment (mask and fins)
- Trip organization
- Daily planning of the surf conditions
- Other alternatives of surf waves
- Information about the island, local cultute, surfing, fishing, snorkeling and other destinations
There is surf for all levels in T-Land. The Resort offers unlimited transfers to the main wave spots (T-Land and the Bommie).
T-Land and Bommie:
Character: Left hand
Best Swell: SW
Best Wind: ENE
Swell Range: 2 -18ft
Surf level: When a moderate to large SW pulse arrives, it transforms into a heavy barrel and speed wall combo at double to triple overhead.
Crowd: Can have a lot of people out, but the long walk and paddle spreads the pack
Best tide: All tides
- Stand Up Paddling in the Lagoon and Mangroves
- Excursion to the mangroves
- Relax and swim in our swimming pool
- Boat trips to remote beaches
- Fishing trips
- Walking along our endless beach
- Island hopping trips
- Enjoy the experience of a Sasando concert in a local house
- Cultural tours
- Visits to local villages and local market
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
Rote Island is located in the Southeast of Indonesia. Found in the middle of the ocean, this small tropical island offers a paradisiacal landscape to all its visitors, perfect white-sand beach postcards, crystal-clear turquoise waters and stunning sunsets. The Resort is located in the Village of Nembrala.
For international flights, you will need to travel to Ngurah Rai international Airport in Bali (Denpasar) or Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Jakarta. There are regular and direct flights from Bali and Jakarta to Kupang.
We recommend flying to Kupang Airport with Garuda Indonesia or Lion Air.
Our guide will pick you up at the El Tari airport in Kupang to leave you at the hotel to have a rest. The following morning we will go to the port of Kupang to take the fast Ferry (VIP class) departing at 8:30 am. The journey by sea takes about one hour and thirty minutes.
To avoid spending the night in Kupang, both Garuda Indonesia and Lion Air morning flights would connect with the only daily flight from Kupang to Rote at 15:05 lasting 30 minutes. For both options, once at the port or airport in Rote you will be picked up by our staff, who will take you directly to our complex, where you will be greeted by the management team to welcome you.
And from here on, out to surf! On the return journey, due to the Ferry schedules, it is not necessary to spend the night in Kupang.
PRICES & PACKAGES
|KIND||PRICE PER NIGHT (MINIMUM 5 DAYS)|
|SURFER||175 $USD (double rooms) x 2 surfers x 5 days = 1750 $USD|
|NON SURFER||160 $USD (double rooms)|
|CHILD (2 – 11 years old sharing with two adults)||60 $USD|
|CHILD UNDER 2 YEARS||Free|
|EXTRA FEE SINGLE ROOM||80 $USD (depending on availability it’s possible to offer special price without extra cost)|
- All sea-view rooms fully equipped with the possibility of double bed or two single beds (cot available for children under 2 years).
- 3 daily meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Drinks: welcome drink, mineral water, tea and coffee.
- Unlimited surf transfers to the two main waves of T-Land and Bommie.
- Free internet WIFI in common areas
- Bicycles, snorkeling gears & stand-up paddle
- Laundry service
- Hot shower
- Air conditioning
- Mini fridge
- Safety box
- Transfers by car from the port or airport of Ba’a to T-land Resort (for a minimum of 6 nights and two people)
- 11% tax required by the Indonesian Government