Banyak Surf Resort - Pulau Balai, Sumatra. Indonesia
Dreaming of a holiday in the sun surrounded by perfect waves in uncrowded paradise? Look no further and book your room now in one of our bungalows in the water in the Bay of Plenty in Sumatra Indonesia!
We offers you the all inclusive dream holiday: daily speed boat transport to the waves of the archipelago, 3 meals a day with drinks and snacks included. This virgin island paradise is completely untouched with several waves in the bay and other waves in the surrounding islands which are accessible less than 1 hour by boat. Other activities than surfing uncrowded perfect waves include snorkeling, fishing, kayaking, island hopping…
The resort is built on stilts over the sea in the quietest side of the bay. The area is not affected by the waves coming in creating the surf spots in our front yard. The main building where the restaurant is situated is connected by a boardwalk to the bungalow with the rooms. We’ve used as many natural materials as possible for the construction, such as wood and bamboo. It’s important to respect and preserve the untouched nature in the area.
Banyak Surf Resort is a complex of wooden bungalows built on stilts over the water in a beautiful bay. We have a bungalow divided in 2 rooms connected with a board walk to the main building where the restaurant is situated. The resort is in the quietest area in the bay where you can have peaceful nights and wake up with enough energy to tackle each new day of your trip in our paradise.
The rooms are simple but spacious and have 3 beds each, 1 bed of 160x200cm and 2 bed of 120x200cm so you can share with a friend. Each bed has a mosquito net and towels are provided. The rooms have private bathrooms with a toilet. The rooms also have a fan.
The electricity of our surf camp works with generators, for ecological reasons we cut the current 2 or 3 hours in the morning and 2 or 3 hours in the afternoon when generally we need it the least. We ask our customers to bring only environmentally friendly products, such as natural shampoos, soaps, toothpaste, sunscreen, etc. We do everything to preserve the unspoiled nature that surrounds us.
- 2 rooms
- Each room have a double bed and 2 single bed.
- There are fans on the rooms.
- All rooms have see view
- Private terrace
- Snorkling gear
- Private bathroom and toilet.
The restaurant is open all day long, start at 6am until 10pm.
Being French and my Venezuelan wife, we will prepare your meals by mixing Indonesian cuisine and world cuisine.
There are 3 differents waves in the bay:
- Gunturs – A right with 3 sections that has several barrels. It’s a swell magnet working all the time. It’s a barrels machine.
- Dindos- A perfect left for maneuver.
- Lolok Point – An incredible freight train left that appears with a good overhead swell… There are several sections that wrap around the point of the island with a number of barrels.
There are, of course some secret spots we can go to if you are nice.
The resort is located ideally so you can hang out in the bay or take a tour around the mangroves. Simply magnificent! We have some kayak available at the resort.
All you have to do is jump out of your room to find yourself in the midst of incredible reefs and small fish of all colors. We can also bring you to visit other reefs in the Banyak archipelado. Snorkeling gear are available at the resort.
You can also fish straight from your private terrace or from a kayak. For those who love big fish, we can bring you on a fishing trip out at sea to do offshore trolling or speargun fishing. (speargun is not included).
The best time of the day- after these activities, you can relax watching the sunset while you enjoy our bar.
We can visit all the nooks and crannies of this beautiful piece of nature filled with deserted islands and some small villages.
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
We are located in the Banyak archipelago in Sumatra, Indonesia, south of Tuangku Island in the Bay of Plenty at Lolok Point. If you want to surf in Indonesia with no crowds, this is your place! This virgin island paradise is completely untouched with several waves in the bay and other waves in the surrounding islands which are accessible less than 1h by boat.
Medan in Sumatra
To visit us you must first go to Kualanamu, Medan International Airport, North Sumatra.
Here you have 2 possibilities:
– A private taxi that we will book for you to go to Singkil in 8 hours where we will pick you up with our boat to reach the resort in about 2 hours. The boat trip is not done after 3 pm, we will reserve a hotel in Singkil if you arrive after this time.
– You can also take a plane from Medan to the island of Nias or Simeulue, then we will organize you a taxi to go to the harbour in 1 hour and we will pick you up by speedboat to take you directly to the resort.
– Check in before 4 pm.
– Check out before 10 am.
PRICES & PACKAGES
From April to November
|Groups||Price per Person / Night|
|1 person||150 USD|
|2 people||140 USD|
|3 people||135 USD|
- 3 meals per day
- 3 beers per day
- Snacks, fruit juices, sodas, coffee and tea
- Daily boat trips to the surf spots in the bay
- Twice a week a boat trip to one of the other surf spots outside the bay, depending on surf condition
- The boat trip from Singkil to the resort – round trip
- Fishing gear, snorkeling gear and kayak available
The price does not include:
- Transport to Singkil from Medan round trip
- Transport from Nias or Simeulue in speedboat round trip
- Airport taxes and fees
- Visas and travel insurance