Somo Teens Surf Camp - Santander, Cantabria. Spain
With more than 35 years of experience in teaching surfing to generations of kids and teens coming from all over Europe, Somo Teens Surfcamp (10-17 years old) is held by the first surf school of Spain and surely one of the best surf schools in the world! Somo Teens Surfcamp runs proved and trustworthy surf summer camps for teenagers during the whole month of July and more!
Located only few minutes from the easy and safe beach breaks in front of Santander bay, we propose you an appealing and stimulating vacation for your sons, entirely dedicated to the surf, skate and fun with full board accommodation, transport from local airport, tutoring 24h/day and the employment of the best and ultimate skateboarding and surfing materials.
The camp is organized to motivate and inspire the pupils to gain their best from the surf courses, skate sessions, and parallel activities always under the supervision of the staff and tutors (speaking Spanish and English as well).
The surf camp will culminate with a barbecue and a night music party after a surfing competition full of prizes and surprises.
The guys will be sleeping at the surf camp up on the hill of Lorredo, overlooking the beautiful surfing beach of Somo hearing only the noise of the waves! Under the complete supervision of the staff 24h/day with an entire area dedicated to them. Every single tent can comfortably accommodate up to 3 kids and is featured with a sleeping bag, inflatable mattress, pillow and mosquito nets. Boys separated from girls.
Apart from the surf course and related activities, we propose a wealth of entertainment with beach games, graffiti, skateboarding and more…
Somo Teens Surf Camp Program
For the applicants to the 2 weeks program, the schedule will be modified. * Intensive program (surf course 4 hours/day)
- Day 1 – Arrival at the surf camp and welcoming with introductions, explanation of activities and dinner.
- Day 2 – Breakfast – 2 hours of surf lessons in the morning – lunch – free surf under supervision(or 2 hr lessons*) – activities – dinner and surf movie projection.
- Day 3 – Breakfast – 2 hours of surf lessons in the morning – lunch – introduction at stand up paddleboard / Excursion, yoga and stretching – dinner.
- Day 4 – Breakfast – 2 hours of surf lessons in the morning – lunch – free surf under supervision (or 2 hr lessons*) – activities – dinner – videos and surf history.
- Day 5 – Breakfast – 2 hours of surf lessons in the morning – lunch – surfboards workshop, shaping and materials and visit the local surf shop – theory lesson about meteorology and ocean – activities – dinner.
- Day 6 – Breakfast – 2 hours of surf lessons in the morning – lunch – free surf under supervision (or 2 hr lessons*) – beach games – activities – Excursion or Yoga, etc – dinner.
- Day 7 – Breakfast – 2 hours of surf lessons in the morning – lunch – free surf under supervision (or 2 hr lessons*) – barbecue – surf party – raffle – surf video projection/live music.
- Day 8 – Breakfast – 2 hours of surf lessons in the morning – surf competition – lunch – DVD delivery with photos/video DVD of the camp and certificate – departure.
Full board service included in every package. With daily breakfast at the camp every morning before preparing the backpacks for the beach and materials for lessons (everything is provided). Packed lunch at the beach and dinner at the camp. The last night the barbecue and party are included! Please inform us about any allergy or special needs.
Objective? Having Fun!
Our goal is to help the surfers with progress, wave knowledge, respect of the ocean, safeness always respecting the other surfers to have the maximum fun! Every course includes the employment of the ultimate surf technology materials with softy surfboards perfect for beginners and intermediate :
• more stability
• better floatation
• takeoff easier
• less risks of injuries
They will be standing up on the board after a week of course with no difficulties or stress which will be automatically translated in more fun! After the morning session with theory and practice, the afternoon will be dedicated to the second lesson of the day (highly recommended to beginners and intermediates looking for fast improvement) or for more experienced ones, will be the occasion to carry out and tests themselves.
Our surf instructors will be taking care of them during the surf lessons and free surf, meanwhile, a photographer will be often taking some nice shot to make a video/photo collage. Many professionals have participated in the success of this school, which is why we are known for our professionalism and experience in the water.
Somo itself is a well-known surf spot with excellent beach breaks ideal for beginners. Somo is also ideally located to discover the nearby breaks of Langre and Galizano, a few kilometers east of the seaside resort. Santander is centrally located to discover the splendid, although underrated surf spots of Cantabria. West of Santander are the spots of Liencres, Suances, Oyambre, and Meron. East of the city is the spots of Laredo, Santona and El Brusco, Cantabria’s most famous break. Most of these breaks are beach breaks and enjoy excellent swell conditions year-round thanks to the deep northern Atlantic depressions traveling down the Bay of Biscay.
The staff will bring the guys to the beach school facility where they can dispose of a room with lockers, hot shower, hair drier and materials storage. We will provide the ultimate surf technology materials: leash, surfboard, and wetsuit for the whole camp.
The first day, of course, they will be split into different groups according to their skills and surfing ability before joining:
• SURF SCHOOL PROGRAM (surf lessons 2 hours/day) and free surfing under supervision the afternoon
• INTENSIVE PROGRAM (surf lessons 4 hours/day)
Level: beginner, intermediate, advanced
Age : 10 – 17
Duration: 2 hours per class
Classes: 10/12 students maximum per instructor
Instructor: English and Spanish speakers, in possess of surf coaching and lifeguarding certification.
Surf lessons include transport to the beach (go&return), surfboard, wetsuit, leash, wax, insurance.
- WARM-UP AND STRETCHING: In order to prevent injuries and introduce your sons to the regular sports activity, we always do some warm-up at the beach with stretching exercises to the muscles and articulation more stressed during surfing (shoulder, knees, abs,etc.).
- PILATES AND YOGA: Empower our balance with abs and targeted exercises to help improve your surfing. Relax breathing method with yoga and stretching exercises to strengthen the muscle after the activity.
- STAND UP PADDLEBOARD: Our SUP instructor will take a lesson about this Hawaiian surfing discipline with a beginner lesson and exciting excursion floating on calm water.
- BEACH GAMES AND CAMP ACTIVITIES: After every afternoon surf session or surf lessons we keep on playing at the beach. Beach soccer, volleyball, rackets and many more.
- PING – PONG
- SOCCER TABLE
- SKATEBOARDING AND CARVER© SKATE: the kids will try a modern longboard skate projected to improve the carving technique of a surfboard on land. Close to the beach, there is a recently renewed skatepark at full disposal. This skate park is famous for its old summer competitions and freestyle exhibitions.
- SHAPING & SURFBOARD: Our main surf instructor will explain the shaping process and the different types of surfboards. The guests will learn about measures, volume, design and famous shaper and evolution of materials in order to be aware of it and select the right equipment.
- VIDEO PROJECTION, METEOROLOGY CLASS & NATURE: Often the night after dinner we will project videos of surfing to examine in the depth the theory learned during the day with a practical example of perfect surf technique. During the day we organise a meteorology lesson in order to become aware of wind, weather and wave conditions for surfing, collecting and understanding the useful information (forecast, safety, currents, pollution, etc.)
- GRAFFITI When surfing became art and expression of yourselves through the color and walls.
- SURF PARTY: The last night of every single surf camp we have a barbecue party at the surf house surfing video projection, raffle with many prizes and music !!!
- SURF CHAMPIONSHIP: After the morning lessons and before lunch we will run the surfing competitions: heats with judges giving scores. At the end of the course, you will get your diploma delivered by your surf instructors.
- DVD PHOTO/VIDEO: With the best shot of the week for an unforgettable surfing holiday in Spain!
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
Somo is a popular seaside town with miles of long sandy beaches situated on a small peninsula closing the Bay of Santander. Easy to reach by boat, bus or shuttle bus directly from the downtown of the city, won’t take you longer than 30 minutes to get there by car and choose one of the numerous beaches which flank the bay.
Wildly recognize as the surf capital of Cantabria, Somo Beach offers a beautiful view of Santander with a landscape of lagoons and Santa Magdalena Peninsula on the east. This tiny, green and authentic village, thanks to its position, repaired from the bay and with access to the open ocean far at the end of Loredo, offers perfect conditions for surfing also with adverse weather conditions.
Santander is considered as the capital of Cantabria and was made popular in the 19th century by the royal family. The city combines the charm of an old summer town with a range of cultural activities. With a big tradition of rowing and a growing surfing culture since the 60s, Somo is also a destination for lots of golf enthusiastic. The famous Pedrena Royal Golf Club, inaugurated in 1929 and designed by Harry S. Colt is home to the club of Severiano Ballesteros, the famous Spanish golf player who started his amazing career here as a caddy.
Cantabria is a mountainous region on the Atlantic coast and part of the “Green Spain” area. Located between Asturias and the Basque country, the region is divided into two distinct natural environments. The coastal area, some two hundred kilometers of cliffy shoreline and a series of quiet estuaries, is separated from the high mesetas of central Spain by the snow-capped Picos de Europa range which rises up to 2,665 meters. This wild and unspoiled area of outstanding beauty is protected as a natural park, still hosting wild bears and wolves.
Atlantic, with mild/wet winters and warm summers.
The Surf camp and all the other facilities available are situated in Somo, 15 minutes far from Santander, the capital of Cantabria. Easy to reach by car through the north Spanish motorway, Santander is only one hour and a half from Bilbao.
We can offer you a private transfer from/to the International Airport of Santander. Please confirm the time of arrival and departure for your son’s flight schedule with 48 hours of prior notice.
To Santander – Santander Airport (SDR), 15 km. (Iberia + Ryanair)
- United Kingdom: London Stansted
- Ireland: Dublin ( Ryanair )
- Scotland: Edinburgh ( Ryanair)
- Spain: Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Seville, Malaga, Valencia, Gran Canaria, Tenerife S., Lanzarote ( RyanAir)
- Germany: Dusseldorf, Frankfurt Han ( Ryanair )
- Belgium: Brussels- Charleroi
- Italy: Milano Orio al Serio, Roma Ciampino ( Ryanair)
- Austria: Vienna
- Danimarca: Copenaghen, Aalborg
- France: Paris, Bordeaux, Strsbourg, Nantes, Lille, Lyon, Marseille, Nice.
- Italia: Bologna, Cagliari, Catania, Palermo, Firenze, Milano, Napoli, Trieste, Venezia, Verona
- Scandinavia: Oslo, Stoccolma, Tallin, Helsinki, Goteborg
- Olanda: Amsterdam, Rotterdam
- Polonia: Cracovia, Varsavia
- Portogallo: Lisbona, Porto, Faro
- Russia: Kaliningrad, Moscow ( Sheremetyevo), Moscow (Domodedovo) St. Pietroburgo
- Swiss: Basilea, Zurigo, Ginevra
- and many other around the Europe Countries… Istambul, Minsk, Belgrado, Bucarest, Athens, Sofia, Vienna and more…
To Bilbao – Bilbao Airport (BIO), 80 km. (Easyjet, Hapag Llyod, Air Berlin, Aerlingus, Iberia, Lufthansa)
With TUIfly… Dresden, Muchen, Dusseldorf, Paderborn/Lippstadt, Hannover, Berlin, Frankfurt, Bremen, Westerland, Stuttgart, Norimberga ( TUIfly)
- From Madrid: Follow Madrid-Burgos 635 National Burgos-Santander, after catching the Cantabrian motorway towards Bilbao. Exit n.11 Heras-Pedreña then follow road sign till Somo!
- From Gijon: Cantabrian motorway towards Bilbao, follow direction Santander Bilbao last exit Heras-Pedreña, then direction Somo.
BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT
- From Santander… Line 20 runs every 30 minutes.
- By Ferry Boat… Los Reginas runs every 30 minutes from Santander Bay to Somo go/return. Check the time-table here
- By Ferry Boat from Portsmouth England… Check your ferry here
- By Train… Jump on an interrail train interrail.eu or check the Spanish railway itineraries
PRICES & PACKAGES
Somo Teens Surf Camp
Live an unforgettable experience this summer, in the summer camps of Somo Teens Surf Camp, with the No. 1surf school in Spain. Learn to surf or improve your surfing with professionals.
PLACE: Somo Beach – Cantabria – Spain
AGES: Directed to minors of 10-17 years
2 Surf Camps options: NORMAL (2hrs daily) vs. INTENSIVE (4 hours a day)
Normal Camp – 2 hours daily surf lessons
|PRICE PER PERSON||Date||1 Week||2 Weeks|
|Camp 1||30.06 – 07.07||680 €||1.200 €|
|Camp 2||07.07 – 14.07||680 €||1.200 €|
|Camp 3||14.07 – 21.07||680 €||1.200 €|
|Camp 4||21.07 – 28.07||680 €||–|
Intensive Camp 4 hours daily surf lessons
|PRICE PER PERSON||Date||1 Week||2 Weeks|
|Camp 1||30.06 – 07.07||860 €||1.500 €|
|Camp 2||07.07 – 14.07||860 €||1.500 €|
|Camp 3||14.07 – 21.07||860 €||1.500 €|
|Camp 4||21.07 – 28.07||860 €||–|
- Accommodation SURF CAMP in full board (PC).
- NORMAL Surf Course (2hrs of daily classes with TODO) vs. INTENSIVE (4hrs of daily surf lessons with EVERYTHING ).
- Availability of material during the whole stay (supervised by monitors).
- Monitors 24hrs with complementary activities during the day.
- Multi-activities in the afternoon. Activities and excursions in the open air.
- Yoga & Stretching classes.
- Graffiti classes.
- Bboying and Break Dance classes.
- Skate, long skate and carver classes.
- Introduction to Paddle Surf – Ping-Pong, table football, billiards, indo-board, championships, board games, swimming pool
- Video & photography. Night video projections.
- Visit surf shop and workshop tables. Explanation of different types of surfboards.
- Talk about meteorology, history of surfing and formation of waves, so that you can surf safely anywhere in the world.
- Fiesta surfera and barbeque farewell. Live music.
- QUIKSILVER & ROXY gifts, drawings … and many more surprises.
- Championship. Diplomas. CD with photos and video.
Girls Only Surf Camp
DATE: 30.06 to 07.07
PRICE: 850 EUR per
Accommodation SURF CAMP in full board (PC)
INTENSIVE surfing course with ALL (4 hours of daily surf lessons)
Availability of surfing equipment during the whole stay
Monitors 24 hours with complementary activities during the day
Multi-activities in the afternoon: Activities and excursions in the open air
Yoga & Stretching classes
Skate, long skate and carver classes
Bboying and break dance classes
Initiation to Stand Up Paddle Surf
Ping-Pong, table football, billiards, indo-board, championships, board games, swimming pool
Video & photography. Night video projections
Visit the surf shop and surfboard workshop. Explanation of different types of surfboards.
Talk about meteorology, history of surfing and formation of waves, so that you can surf safely anywhere in the world
Fiesta Roxy surfer and barbecue farewell. Live music
ROXY gifts, sweepstakes … and many more surprises