Luxury Rote Surf Resort - Nembrala, Rote Island. Surf Camps in Indonesia
Rote Luxury Surf Resort is located on the beautiful and paradisal Island of Rote, you will find The Resort only has 9 exclusive Bungalows to keep the atmosphere family-like. All Bungalows have different shapes and styles to suit your needs in the best way.
The whole Resort is an eco-friendly complex powered by self-sustaining solar power energy. The Resort’s vegetable garden that is used for the meals is nurtured by composted waste from the restaurant along with rainwater collected in tanks.
The Resort only has 9 exclusive Bungalows to keep the atmosphere family-like. All Bungalows have different shapes and styles to suit your needs in the best way.
All Bungalows have:
- Front porches with swinging seats or loungers to relax in whilst gazing to the ocean or reading a book
- Either equipped with one double king-sized bed or two/three single beds if required
- Private outdoor bathroom since it’s a real luxury of showering outdoors in complete privacy
The Resort works with the natural beauty surrounding us, rather than detracting from it.
Included for all Bungalows:
- Air-conditioning in every room
- High quality mosquito net
- Hot water in every room
- Universal 220V power sockets – no adapters needed (for European and Asian)
- Complementary water in the whole resort
- Safety Deposit Box
- Daily housekeeping
- Sun loungers
- Energy dome, slack-line
Extra services for all Bungalows (additional charges apply):
- Snorkeling gear (mask and snorkel)
- Bicycle & Motorcycle hire
- Yoga classes with highly qualified teachers
- Airport/harbour pick-up
- Laundry service
- Stand up paddle boards
If you are interested in visiting the Resort as a larger group/family (max. 12-14 guests) and you want more privacy, feel free to contact us for more information about renting the whole Resort.
The Beachfront Bungalows can accommodate a maximum of 2 guests at a time, either with 1 king size bed or 2 single beds.
- The Bungalows are built with Javanese teak wood
- Exquisite building materials and craftsmanship with facades adorned with intricate hand carvings
- Front patio with swinging chairs
- Spacious private outdoor bathrooms including a private area with sun loungers amongst an exotic garden of banana trees and tropical plants
- All furnished in a simple and classy manner
YOGA GARDEN BUNGALOWS
The Yoga Garden Bungalows can fit 2 adults plus 2 children or 4 adults. These Bungalows is the perfect choice for families or friends that are looking to share accommodation. You can choose between 1 king size bed plus 3 single beds or 4 single beds.
- Private outdoor bathroom small exotic garden with palm trees and tropical plants
- All furnished in a simple and classy manner
The Family Bungalows are slightly bigger Bungalows where 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child can sleep at a time. This is the perfect choice for families travelling or friends who feel like sharing a Bungalow. These Bungalows are either equipped with 1 king size bed plus 1 single bed or 3 single beds.
- Private outdoor bathroom in a small exotic garden where you can find palm trees and tropical plants
OCEAN VIEW BUNGALOWS
The Oceanview Bungalows are really special in their design, with a combination of traditional palm roofings and a round architectural form. These Bungalows can accommodate 2 adults in 1 king size bed or 2 single beds.
- Patio with loungers and spacious outdoor bathrooms with a private area in an exotic garden of banana trees and tropical plants where you can find hammocks for relaxing.
The Restaurant is located in the front of the complex of the Resort, overlooking the pool and the ocean. It’s a comfortable and relaxing environment where you will meet the other guests while enjoying delicious food and drink.
The Resort puts a lot of love and thought into the making of the food and what they choose to serve. Vegetables, fruits and herbs are harvested from the Resort’s garden. The Resort offers vegetarian and vegan options using local ingredients.
The Resort believes in homemade meals and there are various options that are made from scratch as jams, yoghurt, nut cerams, pastes, freshly baked bread, granola, hummus, combutcha and ginger wine.
Indonesia is one of the best surfing countries in the world where tourists travel every year to score some waves. Even though millions of people come to Indonesia every year, Rote Islands has been kept a secret. The Resort is located in front of the most famous wave of the Island called T-Land. The surf is considered best in Rote is from March to November with the peak of the swell of the year coming in between May and September. During this time the trade winds blow off shore which creates perfect waves.
T-Land is considered one of the longest and most consistent left-hander reef breaksin Indonesia. It’s the main wave of the Island, named after Java’s G-Land. During a good swell the wave breaks at all tides and works best when it’s offshore. It’s the perfect wave for intermediate to advanced surfer wanting to test and evolve their surfing skills. T-Land has 3 sections called “The Peak”, “The Pyramid” and “The Mountain”, all with different levels of difficulties.
At low tide it’s possible to walk on the reef to get out the breaking point, and on the high it’s possible to paddle all the way out. The paddling distance is quite far so there is also the option of taking a local boat out to the wave.
- Boat trips
- Motorbike rental
- Paddle board
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
Rote Island is located in Indonesia, only 500 km northwest of Australia. It’s situated to the southeast of Flores and Sumba and to the southwest of West Timor that has the capital called Kupang. It’s one of the most southern islands in the whole Asia.
The Resort is located around a 45 minutes drive away from to Airport of Rote (RTI), close to the local village Nembrala.
Rote is a quite remote Island in Indonesia. Over the past years the transportation infrastructure has improved a lot which has made it easier for tourists to travel there. In order to get there you need to fly from Bali or Jakarta to Kupang for a first stop over. From Bali this takes around 2 hours. From Kupang you can either choose between flying 20 minutes to Rote or taking a boat between the islands which takes approximately 2 hours. The two different transportation options costs around the same price, 200 000 IDR.
Wings Air flies daily from Kupang to Rote.
Departure Kupang 16:10 p.m.
Arrival Rote 16:40 p.m.
Both Garuda and Wings Air charges 200 000 IDR per surfboard.
Daily boat trips
Departure Kupang: 8:00 a.m.
Arrival Rote: 10:00 a.m.
Departure Rote: 11:30 a.m.
Arrival Kupang: 01:30 p.m.
You can buy tickets for the boat at the harbour. The Resort offers a pick up service for an additional cost for guests arriving to Rote with the boat. Please note that you will have to stay in Kupang overnight at take the morning boat the day after.
On your way back from Rote to Kupang it’s recommended to take the express boat in the morning. This way you can easily get a connecting flight to Bali/Jakarta later that day.
Also note that with stormy conditions the boat trip may be canceled.
Please provide your flight arrival and departure if you want transfer to and from the Resort.
Maximum 4 guests for one car include luggage.
PRICES & PACKAGES
|DAYS OF PACKAGE||PRICE (for 2 guests)|
|6 days / 5 nights||21 000 000 IDR|
|8 days / 7 nights||28 800 000 IDR|
|11 days / 10 nights||40 400 000 IDR|
- Daily Breakfast served in Room or Restaurant
- Fresh welcome drink upon arrival
- A daily mineral water
- Free internet access in the villa and other areas
- Return Airport Transfer
- Daily Lunch for 2 Persons
- Daily Dinner for 2 Persons
- Daily Return Boat to T-Land Surf Break
- 1 time surf at Sukimanan Surf Break
- 1 time trip to Telaga Nirwana
Complimentary special benefits for Honeymoon Couples (high season 15 July – 15 Sept)
Included: Honeymoon Room’s decoration, cake upon arrival and Honeymoon Gifts.
Surcharge per unit villa per night: 250 000 IDR.