Los Locos Teens Surf & Adventures Camp - Suances, Cantabria. Spain
If you are looking for a different kind of summer camp, check us out. Intensive surf lessons and a whole range of beach, nature, and fun activities. A well-deserved vacation in the best place to discover a fantastic sport in a unique verdant and beach environment.
A unique combination of nature, beach and entertainment where you can enjoy to the full your free time while you immerse yourself in the surf world. The seaside is a favorite summertime destination. If you want to mix some action, sport and good vibes, surf is the best choice you can make to have the ultimate seaside adventure. A perfect combination to make your well-deserved holiday a success.
You will be embraced in a pleasant and friendly atmosphere from which friendships stems naturally from sharing breakfast, waves, and thrilling experiences. For balance, health and multiple activities. Surf is about Balance and we apply this concept to the whole project.
We provide accommodation, surroundings and activities closely linked to the environment. One of our aims is to reduce the carbon footprint generated by our activity. A full breakfast with homegrown food, a sauna and water activities can be the key to a healthy holiday.
We are a group of surf and nature lovers who dedicate part of our lives to accompany you in what fulfills and satisfies us the most: to reach that climactic moment when you surf the most intense wave and all of your problems fade away.
10 to 17 years old
- The camp includes a Zen garden
- 2000 square metre private organic garden
- There are four cabins
- A dome bedroom
- Several double bedrooms in tents with beds.
- Common kitchen
- Barbecue area
- Bathrooms integrated with an interior shower just like the original outdoor showers attached to the sauna to have cold showers for heat contrast or to clean up after surf with a view of the sunset.
THE FREE MATERIAL INCLUDES
- Mountain bikes
- Videos and books about surf
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS AND GUARDIANS
For any question concerning the surfing, the stay, special food requirements or anything whatsoever, arrival or departure from the camp, childcare and supervision, bookings, and so on, please contact us
- Duration: 2,5 hours daily
- Small groups
- Experienced instructors.
- Learn fast
- Progression geared to your level
- Includes all the necessary equipment, the shuttle to the beach and the Civil Liability Insurance
- All of the classes provide an explanation outside he water, a demonstration and technical practice on the sand.
- Everybody is given personalized advice on how to improve their techniques.
- The course finishes with a revision of all material covered during the camp.
Lessons take place on three of Suances big beaches: Los Locos, the best beach in Cantabria according to the “Guide of Surf and Skate 2013”. The La Tablia beach, 10/10 according to “Surf Guide in Spain”, and the beach of La Concha for easier waves. You can take home a SURFBOOK illustrating your best moments on the waves and at the camp.
If you prefer bodyboarding you can improve your technique and learn with us.
Surfing is an adventure activity which takes place in a natural environment and can be dangerous. In order to help you to surf and minimize the risks, we offer the best support with experienced instructors, small groups and Civil Liability Insurance.
Learn how to design and cultivate a vegetable garden like the most famous garden on Youtube, which has more than 1.5 million virtual visitors. You will live the experience of the real garden which counts with 10 types of fruit trees and 10 terraced plots with vegetables, cereals and pulse where 20 short documentaries have been.
PLANTING AND GROWING
Germination, seedlings, cell trays to take away, activities to learn how to transplant, dig, prune and graft.
The farm: feed the animals, clean their pens, gather eggs and other produce…
COSMETICS AND ORGANIC SOAPS
Handicraft preparation of aloe cream, toothpaste, shampoo and soaps through the use of our own natural products.
Feed the animals, clean their pens, gather eggs and other produce…
Workshops on how to build your own environmentally integrated home: the example of the yurt and straw houses.
VISIT OF THE PARK OF RENEWABLE ENERGIES
See the 10 Renewable Energies installations, make them work and understand them.
WORKING THE “CLEAN ENERGY HOUSE”
Practical workshop to build models of the Biosurfcamp installations at a macroscopic level. Construction of our house in miniature, installation of our Renewable Energies and Energy Efficiency
Solar oven, thermic solar panel, energy house, green furnace
Taking advantge of the low tide, we set out to discover the great variety of sea forms which live on the borderline between land and sea.
Visit a traditional fishing boat, learn about fishing skills, the fish market and fishes. History and socialeconomy of the Cantabrian Sea.
ORIGINS AND MARINE ENVIRONMENT
The origins of waves, beaches. Geodynamics, hydrodynamics, biology and ecology of the Marine Environment.
READING THE WAVES
Models for the prediction of waves, dynamics of the “wave simulator” on the sand, understanding the weather forecast related to surf.
INDIGENOUS AND INVASIVE PLANTS FROM THE COASTLINE AND THE DUNES
Visit and workshop about the unique and delicate plants of the coastline as well as on the invasive species that threaten them. This will involve the eradication of an invasive plant and the planting of an indigenous one.
“WASTEAND SEA PROTECTION” WORKSHOP
Waste that threatens the sea: dumping, rubbish. Sea regeneration: purification and autopurification. Activity involving collecting the rubbish and develop a message through the creation of a mural “Land Art” and “Ephemeral Art”
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
The camp is located in a green area near the village of Suances. Town centre in 300 metres, the camp is in a pedestrian zone where there is no noise or traffic and almost no neighbours. You can always park just in front of the gates.
It is a two-minute walk from the bars and restaurants as well as from shops and main facilities. The beaches are less than 1,5 km away. It takes three minutes by car, 10 minutes by bike (available at the camp) and 20 minutes on foot along a stone path which goes through the old town.
Suances is the fishing village with the best summertime life. Well-known for its varied night life and cultural activities as well as its culinary traditions. It offers great quality for your money.
BEACH AND SPOTS
Get to know our six fine sand beaches and the variety of coves and cliffs to explore. You can enjoy our unique landscapes with the wild sea and the green mountains that only Cantabria can offer.
The island effect of the three beaches surrounding the peninsula of Los Locos, ensures that there is always a good choice between wave size, wind and tide. The beach of los locos was named the third European Surf Reserve in 2012, for the well-known quality of its waves for all types of surf. It is the beach that has forged a great number of successful competitive surfers.
Located in the centre of Cantabria, from Suances you are close to all the cultural destinations, between the beaches and the mountains, like Santillana del Mar and the Altamira Caves (5 minutes drive), Santander and Comillas (20 minutes) or The Picos de Europa and Bilbao (1h15).
We pick you up and take you back to the nearest, bus and train stations, and airports.
- Barreda 12€
- Torrelavega 15€
- Torrelavega Trainstation 18€
- Santander 29€
- Bilbao 135€
PRICES & PACKAGES
June 26th to July 3rd 425€
July 3rd to July 10th 465€
July 10th to July 17th 465€
July 17th to July 24th 465€
- 7 days Surf lessons of two and a half hours duration. Qualified, experienced instructors.
- Surf gear (tailored board, neoprene wetsuit, lycra and accessories).
- Round-the-clock childcare and supervision by experienced, friendly Leisure Time Monitors. Free-Time Coordinator to assist the young person with any personal difficulty that may arise during his or her stay at the camp.
- Stay of 7 nights in a shared dorm: the Dom, the Yurt or the wood cabin.
- 7 days of full board (breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, evening dinner with home-made healthy food).
- Optional: Arrival and Departure Transfer Service. (Santander 29€ and Torrelavega 15€ and Bilbao 135€).
- Afternoon activities such as bike trips on the bike trail, supervised surf, workshops, games and gymkhana, beach volley ball, longskate and indoor surf away from the water as well as various activities depending on the affinities of the group.
- Civil Responsibility and Accident Insurance cover.
- Homely snacks, fruit and juices at all times.
- Farewell fiesta with a barbecue, soirée, video projection of the highlights of the week, and award of diplomas.