Madagascar Surf Camp - Befasy, Toliara. Madagascar
Madagascar Surf Resort is in the remote South West of Madagascar…one of the last remaining surfing frontiers. The Lodge is located at the north end of the remote beach village of Befasy, a few hours boat ride from the southern port of Toliara, or “City of the Sun”. The surf lodge offers direct access to a private beach and a variety of perfect waves on the outer reef to suit abilities from improvers to elite athletes, just 5 minutes by our boat.
We have a large fully staffed communal restaurant / bar / chill out area perched on top of a hill providing breathtaking 360 degree views of the beach, the bush and the multiple surf line ups breaking on the outer reef.
The lodge accommodates both surfers and non surfers, and can be also a perfect gateway for families and couples. For optimum experience, we run a policy of maximum 8 surfers at any time. We are open from May till September.
- Absolute beachfront with ocean view
- Twin bed + extra bed available
- Private en-suite bathroom
- Service restaurant & bar snacks menu
- Deck chairs & hammocks
- Daily Cleaning & Maintenance
We offer surf coaching:
- in small exclusive groups
- maximum 4 surfers per coach
- using expert knowledge of local surf spots
- providing individual focus
- clear learning objectives
- using video analysis techniques
- experienced & qualified coaching
- implementing strategies with feedback
- individual physical drills to promote muscle memory
Maximum of 8 surfers per period. The surf is for improvers and elite.
We can provide also other tours and whale watching.
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
Direct access to a private beach at the north end of the remote beach village of Befasy, a few hours boat ride from the southern port of Toliara, or “City of the Sun” everything that you will need we be provided ate Madagascar Surf Resort.
If you’re coming from Europe
Best bet would be to get yourself to Paris, Marseille, or Milan and then take one of the numerous companies that fly to Tana including Air Madagascar, Air France, and Corsair. In saying that however savings can be made by flying Air Mad as you will receive a 40% discount on the domestic leg to Tulear!
If you’re coming from Australia or New Zealand
Best bet is Air Mauritius from Sydney or Perth through to Antananarivo with a stopover in Mauritius on the way and direct connections on the return leg. Alternatively you can fly straight through to Johannesburg and then catch a flight through to Antananarivo.
If you’re coming from The States
Either go the Paris option mentioned above or get yourself to Johannesburg or Nairobi and then over to Tana
If you’re coming from South Africa
Direct flights to Tana depart from Johannesburg with South African Airways.
If you’re coming from Reunion Island or Mauritius
Check out the new direct flights with Air Madagascar / Air Austral direct to Toliara from Saint-Denis.
Other airlines that fly into Tana include Kenya Airways from Nairobi. Turkish Airlines also have a new flight from Istanbul which is very competively priced.
Once you arrive in Antananarivo (Tana) you will need to get yourself down to Tulear where we are based.
The internal flight from Antananarivo and Tulear is made with Tsaradia company. www.tsaradia.com
PRICES & PACKAGES
01 – 31 May – Fully Booked
01 – 14 June – Spots Available
15 – 27 June – Surf & Soul Immersion with @wave.girls
Surf & Soul Immersion
30 – 11 July – Surf & Yoga Retreat with @sweelyoga (spots available)
19 – 31 July – Spots Available
02 – 14 August – Spots available
16 – 28 August – Spots available
01 – 30 September – Fully Booked
- 12 nights stay in a Beach Front Bungalow en-suite bathroom (Twin bed + extra bed available);
- 3 delicious healthy meals, cooked by our chef from fresh local organic produce and soft drinks;
- Coffee, tea and snacks during the day;
- Daily transfer to surf spots, one or two trips to local Befasy reefs each morning;
- Transfer from Anakao;
Does not include
- Surf coaching
- Alcohol (served from our bar)
- Day trips to other surf spots 50eu pp
- Transfers if you would like us to take care of your transport, please talk with us about when confirming the booking
- We offer a 50% flat rate for kids aged 7-12 years old
- Children under 7 years old stay free of charge
- Price per person per night in sharing bungallow – 75 euros