Madagascar Surf Camp - Befasy, Toliara. Madagascar
Madagascar Surf Resort is in the remote South West of Madagascar…one of the last remaining surfing frontiers. The Lodge is located at the north end of the remote beach village of Befasy, a few hours boat ride from the southern port of Toliara, or “City of the Sun”. The surf lodge offers direct access to a private beach and a variety of perfect waves on the outer reef to suit abilities from improvers to elite athletes, just 5 minutes by our boat.
We have a large fully staffed communal restaurant / bar / chill out area perched on top of a hill providing breathtaking 360 degree views of the beach, the bush and the multiple surf line ups breaking on the outer reef.
The lodge accommodates both surfers and non surfers, and can be also a perfect gateway for families and couples. For optimum experience, we run a policy of maximum 8 surfers at any time. We are open from May till September.
- Absolute beachfront with ocean view
- Twin bed + extra bed available
- Private en-suite bathroom
- Service restaurant & bar snacks menu
- Deck chairs & hammocks
- Daily Cleaning & Maintenance
We offer surf coaching:
- in small exclusive groups
- maximum 4 surfers per coach
- using expert knowledge of local surf spots
- providing individual focus
- clear learning objectives
- using video analysis techniques
- experienced & qualified coaching
- implementing strategies with feedback
- individual physical drills to promote muscle memory
Maximum of 8 surfers per period. The surf is for improvers and elite.
We can provide also other tours and whale watching.
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
Direct access to a private beach at the north end of the remote beach village of Befasy, a few hours boat ride from the southern port of Toliara, or “City of the Sun” everything that you will need we be provided ate Madagascar Surf Resort.
Air France fly directly to Antananarivo Airport from Paris CDG, we recommend overnight accommodation in Antananarivo and a short internal flight the following morning with Madagascar Air to Tuleur Airport.
We recommend the boat speed transfer www.anakaoexpress.com
We can help you to find for you’re the best way to get here.
PRICES & PACKAGES
01 – 31 May – Fully Booked
01 – 14 June – Spots Available
15 – 27 June – Surf & Soul Immersion with @wave.girls
Surf & Soul Immersion
30 – 11 July – Surf & Yoga Retreat with @sweelyoga (spots available)
19 – 31 July – Spots Available
02 – 14 August – Spots available
16 – 28 August – Spots available
01 – 30 September – Fully Booked
- 12 nights stay in a Beach Front Bungalow en-suite bathroom (Twin bed + extra bed available);
- 3 delicious healthy meals, cooked by our chef from fresh local organic produce and soft drinks;
- Coffee, tea and snacks during the day;
- Daily transfer to surf spots, one or two trips to local Befasy reefs each morning;
- Transfer from Anakao;
Does not include
- Surf coaching
- Alcohol (served from our bar)
- Day trips to other surf spots 50eu pp
- Transfers if you would like us to take care of your transport, please talk with us about when confirming the booking
- We offer a 50% flat rate for kids aged 7-12 years old
- Children under 7 years old stay free of charge
- Price per person per night in sharing bungallow – 75 euros