Hamathi Surf Charter - Outer Atoll, Male. Maldives
Hamathi Surf Charter comfortably accommodates 8 surfers, but also available for 10 guests, with great structure. Five separate spacious, air-conditioned twin cabins all with their own ensuite shower & toilet, each bed has its own reading light. Outside dining area so you can watch the surf while eating your meals as a bonus. A lounge area with TV, DVD and stereo for your entertainment, full bar facilities, 2 sundecks for chilling and plenty of rack space for your board storage.
The minimum number of passengers required for an exclusive charter in the Southern Atolls of Gaafu Dhaalu is just 8! Group and individual bookings from 4 nights available. You could also opt for the 10 nights exclusive pack for only you and your friends to explore the best remote surf sport in an unforgettable experience.
The captain of Hamathi Surf Charter has life experience, total control of the safari, he is supported by a second in charge, boat boy, and a full-time chef. Martey is the most experienced guide in the Maldives, over 15 years surf guide experience chasing uncrowded waves in Maldives’ remote areas to provide the best possible outcome for Hamathi Surf Charter Guests, he is 34 years of age and loves the surf, he has great English communication skills. You can be confident with the local crew as they know the area extensively.
Meals on the boats are all-you-can-eat and are a mixture of Maldivian, Sri Lankan, and western dishes.
Hamathi Surf Charter
- 5 spacious twin cabins
- Ensuite shower & toilet
- Bed reading light.
- Cabin Ventilation: Ceiling hatch and side windows.
- 02 Freezer / 01 refrigerator.
- The dinghy is available at all times to guests.
- Year built: 1999
- Fully Refurbished in 2010 to brand new standard
- Size: 20.3m x 1.6m x 6.5m beam.
- Cruising speed: 12 knots.
- 220v Power: 10.5kv Masse Soundproof Generator.
- Desalination: 5.5 kV Onan Soundproof Generator (backup).
- Water Plant (3000Lts).
- Communication: VHF Radio/Mobile phone/CB radio.
- Length: 20.3m.
- Dingy with a 25hp outboard engine.
Food & Beverage
A mix of Maldivian, Sri Lankan, and western dishes all you can eat meals, individual needs will be attended if required.
Breakfast: tea, coffee, fruit, juice, toast and a mix of jams and omelets of your choice.
Lunch & dinner: a banquet of five different dishes with daily variations including fresh fish & tuna dishes, curries, rice and pasta dishes, vegetables and salads. Evening meals are followed by dessert and lunch is followed by a fruit dish.
Tea and coffee: served after all meals.
All day: A hand of bananas ripen on deck.
A full complement of alcohol is available for purchase.
Hamathi Surf Charter
- Priority is to get the surfers to the breaks
- Island visits
- Any other purpose guests may wish.
- Diving facilities (on request – please advise at time of booking).
- Basic fishing gear (lines, hooks & weights). Please bring your own if you are a serious fisherman.
Exclusive 10 nights Trip
With this option, you can surf from the North Male to Laamu Atoll (any atoll ) and if the conditions are good, even further down south. This is the opportunity of a no-limitation surf safari, to secret spots around the island paradise chain with just you and your mates and the abundant marine life. For 10 nights we suggest cruising from and returning to Male as this avoids the cost and baggage restrictions of domestic airfares. The only limitations are the weather and nature and your surf guide will make sure to advise you which breaks work best under any given weather conditions.
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
- Facing: east
- Waves: left- or a right-hander
- Wind does not affect: predominant southwesterly wind
- Wind affects negatively: South-easterly or easterly winds
- Levels: all levels
- Secluded location
- Facing: south-west
- Well protected: from North to Northwest winds
- Levels: all levels
- Facing: spread from the south facing coastline along the east facing up to the north-east corner where waves wrap around
- Well protected: all wind directions except a rare straight easterly breeze.
- Levels: all levels
Southern / Outer Atolls
Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll (also named Huvadhoo Atoll)
- Best month: March, April, September, October and November.
- It picks up more swell than any other Atoll in the Maldives and from every direction.
- There is everything from barreling and hollow walls to soft and never-ending playful waves.
- May to August can be fickle as the wind turns more southerly and may affect some of the south facing spots.
- Boards: From mellow long board waves to the hollow barrels
- Levels: all levels
After you arrive in Male you will fly down south where our guide will pick you up at the local airport in the Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll. Anchors are lifted and your head off to one of the main 10-15 breaks or to some of the other less known spots. You will surf until you get tired, during 6 hours or even longer! After some of the best surf of your life, you will be dropped off at the Gaafu Dhaalu airport and flown back to Male.
FLYING TO MALE
Kuala-Lumpur (Air Asia), Hong Kong (Cathay Pacific),
Bangalore, Dheli (Air India)
Doha (Quatar Airways)
Singapore (Singapore Airlines and Silk Air)
Direct flights form Frankfurt (Condor) and Paris (Air France)
Seasonal direct flights:
Zurich (Edelweiss Air)
London Heathrow (Srilankan Airlines)
Once you have landed in Male you will be picked up by your hosts and can simply relax and fall into surf adventure mode!
- If your surf trip involves a Maldives domestic flight: We cannot be held responsible for your surfboards arriving late (on the next domestic flight). If this happens, it’s due to weight restrictions on Maldivian domestic flights, which is out of our control.
- Please note that maximum size of surfboards allowed on Maldives domestic flights to Central and Southern Atolls is 8 ft including the board bag.
PRICES & PACKAGES
Ideal for: Group – Surf Charter, Solo Travellers, Longboarders, Stand-up Paddleboarding trip, Bodyboarders, All Girls Surf Trips, Uncrowded Waves, Kneeboarders, Intermediate Waves.
Surf Skill: Intermediate – Pro
Season: April, June, July, August, September, October, May
Board Type: All types, Shortboarders, Longboarders, SUP
- Minimum booking of 6 passengers
- Price do not include international flights.
- Central Atolls trips include one way domestic flights. Southern Atolls trips & Southern to Central Atolls trips include return domestic flights.
- Prices below are per person prices based on an exclusive charter booking of 10 surfers.
- Prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations until paid in full.
- Charter duration can be flexible – please ask your consultant for a customised quotation.
- 30-foot surf & dive dhoni available for hire – minimum 2 weeks notice (US$250/day).
- Please note that maximum size of surfboards allowed on Maldives domestic flights to Central and Southern Atolls is 8 ft including the boardbag.
|16 Aug 2018||20 Aug 2018||4 nights||764 USD||Male Atolls|
|20 Aug 2018||27 Aug 2018||7 nights||–||Male Atolls|
|31 Aug 2018||10 Sep 2018||10 nights||–||Male Atolls|
|10 Sep 2018||20 Sep 2018||10 nights||–||Male to Laamu|
|23 Sep 2018||28 Sep 2018||5 nights||1467 USD||Laamu to Male|
|01 Mar 2019||11 Mar 2019||10 nights||3 030 USD||Southern Atolls, Gaafu Dhaalu|
|11 Mar 2019||21 Mar 2019||10 nights||3 030 USD||Southern Atolls, Gaafu Dhaalu|
|21 Mar 2019||31 Mar 2019||10 nights||–||Southern Atolls, Gaafu Dhaalu|
|01 Abr 2019||09 Abr 2019||8 nights||2 538 USD||Southern Atolls, Gaafu Dhaalu|
|09 Abr 2019||17 Abr 2019||8 nights||2 538 USD||Southern Atolls, Gaafu Dhaalu|
|17 Abr 2019||25 Abr 2019||8 nights||2 538 USD||Southern Atolls, Gaafu Dhaalu|
- Airport meet & greet at the Male airport and domestic terminals
- Group return airport transfers (individual transfers at extra cost)
- Return domestic flights for Total Maldives trips / One-way domestic flight for trips starting or ending in Outer Atolls
- Welcome pack
- Comfortable accommodation in air-conditioned twin cabins
- Full Board – 3 buffet meals daily (All you can eat)
- Unlimited tea, coffee with espresso coffee at extra cost
- Unlimited mineral water with a refillable water bottle
- 5m Dinghy (tender)
- A very experienced local surf guide
- Use of basic snorkeling & fishing gear. (Equipment is basic hand lines and mask/snorkel & fins. If you want quality gear, please feel free to bring your own with you).
- TPW Quality Assurance Guarantee.
- Maldivian Specialty Beach BBQ (Central & Southern Atolls only when weather and surf permits)
- Maldivian US$6 per person/night Green Tax.
- Photography service: US$50 for 10 photos of your choice. US$100 for the full suite of photos. Camera used is a Canon 70D SLR and photos will be taken from land, boat or tender.
- Alcohol is available for purchase on board. If you have any special requests, please let us know well in advance and we will do our best to organize your favorite brand. For reference 1 beer usually costs US$4 per can.
- Snacks: There is a range of snacks available such as Mars Bars and Twix bars on board to purchase.
- Kandooma Buffet: “All you can eat and drink” seafood & Champagne (Moët) buffet at Kandooma Resort is available on Wednesdays. The cost is about $110++ per person.
- 60 ft-foot surf & dive dhoni – $200 per day (minimum 2 weeks notice needed)
*If your surf trip involves a Maldives domestic flight: The Perfect Wave cannot be held responsible for your surfboards arriving late (on the next domestic flight). If this happens, it’s due to weight restrictions on Maldivian domestic flights, which is out of our control.