Bilbao Farmhouse Surf Camp - Barrika Beach, Basque Country. Surf Camps in Spain
Bilbao Farmhouse Surf Camp has more than ten years of experience and more than 5000 students already learned how to surf with us. We are specialized in all levels of surfing and different disciplines such as Surfing, SUP-race, and SUP -waves, using the best market materials and work method together with years of experience.
Firstly, we follow all the safety regulations and we have all the necessary licenses to carry out our activities.
Secondly, the Surf Camp is a charming refurbished 16 Century listed Basque farmhouse with a nice and warm atmosphere located at an easy thirty-minute metro ride from downtown Bilbao where you can enjoy a pleasant setting in the small cliff-edge village of Barrika, on the Bay of Biscay.
Anyone can learn how to surf with us, no matter how old they are. What is really important is the motivation and knowledge of your own body. Surfing is a very complete exercise and it’s different from everything you have tried in other sports before. It’s very fun and the sensations that you will experience are totally new.
Above all, Intermediate and advanced surfers are also welcome even non-surfers due to the immense variety of activities available in the area.
Bilbao Farmhouse Surf Camp
Thanks to its unique environment and location, no matter if you are an experienced surfer or not, you will have high-quality waves at your fingertips. You will also be able to meet new people in a 100% surfer friendly vibe.
- Room with bunk beds for 6 people
- Large bathroom
- Dining room with TV & DVD
- Self-catering kitchen
- Reading room with internet access
- Dorm room with bunk beds for 20 people
- Bathroom with 2 showers and 2 WC
- Reading corner with internet access
- Washing machine/dryer
- Board storage
- Big garden area
- Skate Ramp
Extending between Biarritz and Bilbao, the Basque Country is the finest surf coast in Spain and possibly in Europe. One of Europe’s best lefts, Mundaka is a powerful river mouth break in the picturesque Gernika estuary, a natural area protected by the UNESCO and dominated by the village’s church!
Another world-class reef break is Meniakoz, a very big and powerful right-hander. Other good spots in the area are Bakio and Sopelana, both regional classics with left and right beach breaks accessible to all, and Zarautz, a renowned beach break that has left and right-handers and it’s one of the venues of an annual WQS competition.
- Good atmosphere and personalized teaching
- Classes taught in Basque, English, and Spanish
- Small groups or private classes so you can enjoy and learn to the fullest
- Our teachers are EHSF graduates and aquatic lifeguards
- All courses include the necessary equipment: neoprene, leash, board suitable for the level
- Rc insurance and accident assistance
Ocean Waterman Experience
We offer a complete experience in the field of SUP Race, SUP Waves and SURFING in an unbeatable environment with qualified instructors and experts in the field.
- We work with all levels
- Exits to the sea both from the Ria de Plentzia, with access from Barrika, and from the different beaches to work the sup race, Sopela, Meñakoz and Barrika.
- Introduction to the sea both in surfing and in waves.
- We have introductory, advanced and elite materials for both surfing and sup.
- Down-wind: It is the technique that we use to take advantage of the waves and the favorable wind during sup race races in the open sea.
- Skating (mini ramp)
- Longboard skating
- Shaping Board Workshop
- Stand up paddle
- Surf movies
- Talks about surfing materials
- English lessons: During the month of July we offer with two hours classes per day from Monday to Friday and conversation with a native teacher.
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
Amidst green pastures at the outskirts of a small village of the Basque Coast, the old-fashioned surf house occupies a listed 16th Century “Baserri” Basque farmhouse. The beaches, nightlife and bars, the town center and the metro to Bilbao are all within walking distance from the surf house.
Bilbao, 20 km
Mundaka, 35 km
San Sebastian, 117 km
Biarritz (France), 164 km.
We offer transfer to Bilbao Airport (BIO) 28km, fly with Easyjet, Hapag Llyod, Air Berlin, Aerlingus, Iberia or Lufthansa.
If you come by train, Barrika/Plencia Underground Station is last station on the line.
PRICES & PACKAGES
We offer different types of training for each level: initiation, intermediate, advanced or extreme.
One Week Package
700 EUR per person
All year round: we advise from Easter to November.
Every day surf lessons, divided into two classes (morning and afternoon) including material, insurance, and monitors, alternating daily activities to improve performance in classes such as slack lightning, carving board, longboard skate, halfpipe, history of surfing, Sup, snorkel.
Intermediate, advanced or extreme
All year round (we recommend Easter, Spring until June and Autumn and Winter).
Intermediate, advanced or extreme. Includes daily training sessions at sea with recordings and analysis of sea conditions, surfer technique and materials, two physical sessions applied to surf per week. Surfer’s own material, the trainer will provide the appropriate material if he considers that is appropriate.
√ VAT included
√ 1 week (seven nights)
√ Full board (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
√ 4 hours of surfing daily ( 2 surf lessons)
155 EUR per person
Weekend course. All levels (Initiation, advanced, advanced and extreme).
√ VAT included
√ Entry Friday night
√ Departure Sunday after activity
√ Bed and breakfast
√ 6 hours of surfing
√ All year