"Good vibes only" Surf School & Hostel - Sagres, Algarve. Surf Camps in Portugal
Our surf school is running already from 1996 and we are proud to say we are one of the most successful and very popular surf schools in South Portugal – Sagres. In 25 years we introduced joy from surfing to more than thousand of people and founded also kids surf club where we train to compete professionally. In our surf lessons we love to combine quality and fun techniques to help you progress fast and with smile on your face.
Our team members are locals but also travelers from all over the world. We hire only professional surf instructors with official certification. Surf house staff are properly trained and also all new recruits every year go through very intensive in-house training. Quality and high service standards are very important for us and we are constantly working on our progress so we can provide only the first class service and unforgettable experience to our guests.
We are all very sociable fun open-minded people. We enjoy to organize bbq evenings, boat parties, beach picnics and other adventure surf trips. We will be happy to share our life style with you and show your our beautiful town.
We created super cosy home with chill family atmosphere. Travelers from all around the world stop by every year and enjoy this great vibe with us.
Surf house amenities:
- 5 rooms
- Free high speed Wifi
- Linen and bed sheets provided
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Ping pong table
- Cable T.V.
- B.B.Q area
- 1x Mixed dorm with 6 beds
- 2 x private room (double room or twin room) with shared bathroom
- 1x female dorm with 4 beds
- 1x mixed dorm with 4 beds
Maximum capacity 18 people.
Food and Drink
Everyday from 9 – 10 AM we prepare a full healthy breakfast for you. Later we pack yummy lunch for you and we enjoy it together at the beach between surf sessions.
Every week we organize couple dinners in Mexican or Moroccan style for example. And once a week we also do BBQ and have couple drinks at the local Surf Bar.
The rest of the nights you are welcome to prepare your own meals in our fully equipped kitchen.
In our Surf house we are focused on beginner and intermediate surf lessons. But we also love to organize parties and just hang out with new friends, enjoy great food and couple drinks! Fun and good chill vibes only!
How does our typical schedule look like?
9:00 – Yummy healthy breakfast
10:00 – Transfers to the beach
11:00 – Surf lesson 1,5 hour
12:30 – Lunch on the beach
14:30 – Surf lesson 1,5 hour
16:00 – Just chill and beer on the beach
17:30 – Transfers back home
20:00 – Dinner and maybe party?
But of course schedule depends on daily tide and swell conditions!
What can you expect from your surf lesson?
- First we talk about safety rules
- You will try body surfing first
- Practicing stand up techniques on the beach
- Get the hang of proper surfing position on the beach
- Walking on the board
- Basics of frontside and backside turning
- You will learn about Ocean
- Practicing in white water/broken waves – the best environment to learn and improve quickly.
Student to instructor ratio: 8
- Reminder of safety rules
- Explaining how particular surf break works
- We will analyse the spot together
- Improving your paddling techniques
- Practicing turtle/Eskimo roll with longboards
- Catching green waves
- Explaining basic techniques on green waves
- Practicing angle take off
- Discussing proper surfing etiquette
- We will spend most of the time practicing in the water
Student to instructor ratio: 8
We love boat parties!
Every couple of weeks we organize boat party during the summer months. We rent the boat for 3 hours and we will cruise around beautiful coast of Sagres with delicious food, great music and drinks included.
In our surf shop you can rent bicycles, skateboards and surfboards.
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
Surf House is located in Sagres town at the most Southwesterly point of Europe and it means only one thing: breathtaking beaches and perfect waves all year round and beautiful nature to explore.
Our accommodation has the perfect location. Within walking distance you can reach all amenities you might need. Sagres is small town but you can find here many bars, supermarkets, restaurants and of course the most stunning beaches where you will catch your the waves of your life!
City center with all shops and restaurants is in walking distance (10 min).
We don’t offer airport transfers.
But if you purchase the surf camp package, we will be happy to pick up and drop off you at the bus/train station in Lagos. Only on Sunday between 10 am – 22 pm.
Or you can find your way to our place by yourself using the following links:
http://www.faroshuttlebus.com/ (Choose Hotel – Memmo Baleeira it is 2 min walk to the hostel)
http://cp.pt/passageiros/en/ and then bus from Lagos to Sagres:
PRICES & PACKAGES
Surf Camp Week Includes:
- 7 nights (from Sunday to Sunday) in shared or private accommodation
- 5 day surf course (starting Mondays)
- Transfer from Lagos bus/train to surf camp
- Homemade healthy breakfasts
- Packed lunches
- 2 surf lessons per day (1,5 hour each lesson)
- Surf equipment (board and wetsuit)
- 2 yoga sessions during the week
- Transport to/from the beach
- Sports insurance
- Transfer from Lagos bus/train station on Sunday from 10 am – 10 pm
|Surf Camp Week||January – June||July – August||September||October – December|
|Shared dorm||340 EUR||499 EUR||449 EUR||340 EUR|
|Private room (min. 2 people)||410 EUR||569 EUR||519 EUR||410 EUR|
Prices are per person