Hollow trees Surf Charter - Mentawai, West Sumatra. Indonesia
We feature comfy beds in our dorm style air-conditioned rooms with privacy blinds and personal power points, plus a private double bed cabin for a couple in the group. We put a great attention to food and it is always prepared with love by our chef and his assistant. Snacks and drinks are always there, no need to worry about going hungry on our boat.
You will be looked after by a qualified surf guide and a crew of locals that know everything about the area. Our captain is considered the best around! They are there to make sure you and your friends have a time of your life getting the best waves in the area, while being treated like royalty and staying safe.
Mentawai is one of the most desired surf destinations in the world. Remote tropical islands, beaches covered with palm trees, crystal clear water, and hundreds of surf breaks pumping waves non stop. If you need a break from surfing we have SUP, snorkelling kits, spearfishing guns and loads of movies.
We operate almost all year long, with a pause for maintenance, but high season is April to October. You may opt to come on low season for a better deal and less crowds if you are happy with smaller surf.
Our Charter Boat is made of Australian high Carbon steel, 18.05 meters custom built for offshore long range charter, one of the safest boats in Padang.
It is specially designed for surfing, fishing. High end open plan living is capable to welcome for up to 12 pax.
Meals are taken very seriously, our very skilled chef will spoil you with Western and Indonesian cuisine. Breakfast is always up early, lunch and dinner are servers at 1 pm and 7 pm respectively. Our menu includes various dishes of rice and beans, spaghetti, pasta, quesadillas, tacos, fish, chicken, beef, vegetables, salads, all you can eat. Please inform any diety restriction as soon as you book. Plus free fruits, snacks, chips, cookies, chocolate and desserts to make sure you never get hungry
- 3 cabins
- 1st cabin: 4x single beds (2 bunk beds)
- 2nd cabin 6x singles beds
- 3rd cabin inside the 2nd is a separated double bed with a door for more privacy
- Living / Dinning Room with TV and home theater
- Upstars dining area
- 2 Speed Boats: 5.5 meter 40HP Yamaha and another 5HP
- 3 Game Fishing Rods, reels 50 / 80 Lb. class
- Spear Fishing gun
- Stand Up Paddle
- Snorkeling equipment
Length Overall: 18.05 meter GRT 41 / Call sign YB 3557
Beam: 4,25 meter Draft: 2.25 meter
Speed: 10 Knots Cruising Max 12 knots Fuel
Diesel capacity : Steel Integral Main Tank 4.000 litters, 4 stainless tanks total 1000 litters. Hull contraction: High Carbon Steel/Sand Blasted paint system to Sa2 ISO 850-1 Generators 2: 1x Mitsubishi 20 kw 240 volt single phase 50Hz 1x Onan 12.5 kw 240 volt single phase 50 Hz Anchor
Winch : Maxwell 3500/24 volt heavy duty chain and /or rope Ground Tackle : 13 mm.2x45kg Daforth Anchors,1 reef anchor S/S,200 meter Anchor Rope,100 Towing Rope amd 1 sea drogue sea anchor .
Water Maker :Capacity 1400 litters per day with UV filter and carbon silver to USA standard
Water Tank :1400 litter stainless steel tank
Water System :220 volt pressurised system 40 psi, rear deck shower
Small Room/Dunny: Pressurised Shower sink 220 volt and 24 volt TMC Toilet
Life Rafts: Life raft Solas “A” 15 man plus Pacific 6 man
Flares: Parachute Red, Red Hand Held, Orange smoke floating all to Survey Stan Extinguishers: Co2 Flood System Engine Room, Dry Powder Throughout and Fire Blanket Life Jackets: 15 Adult SOLAS “A” & 4 Children SOLAS “A” with Strobe lights
Life Rings (4): SOLAS, 1Port, 1 Starboard, 1 Rear Fitted with strobe light, with 30 meter rope
VHF( 3): IC-M502 VHF-DSC, 1 Hand Held ICOM, 1 Simrad GMDSS axis 50
Marine SSB: Furuno SSB FS-1503 with E-Mail HF pactor Ilex modem
Satellite Phone: Aces with external Ariel
Grab Bag: Stocked, Pyrotechnics, Mirror, V-Blanket,
EPIRB: ACR 406MHz Float Free Bilge
Pumps: 12, 24, & 240 Volt and Emergency Petrol Pump, plus Manual pumps
Navigation Equipment Furuno NavNet Black Box system
Radar: ARPA heading sensor 48 NM Range, WAAS Satellite Tracking, Weather, Tidal overlay
Furuno: GPS Plotter split screen Cmap NT plus max, 10.4 screen / plus 21 inch screen relay SIMRAD: GPS Plotter CE-30 with Cmap NT
Auto helm: Raymarine
Satellite Phone: Available at cost
Galley Misc. Equipment
Galley: LPG Stainless steel Oven, toaster, coffee percolator, Drinks Cabinet
Lounge: Hot & cold drinks dispenser, Pioneer full theatre surround system; flat screen Pioner USB Flat screen TV with facilities for camera and video equipment; large stock of movies on our Hard drive or bring your own
RIB: 3.5 meter, 1 x 15 HP Yamaha outboard engines.
All tech info aside, our boat will take you and your friends to the best and least crowded spots possible each day, and it is designed for the most comfortable chilling.
Watch your footage from the day on the TV in the air-conditioned lounge as you enjoy a chef prepared fresh meal, then go and relax outside watching your mates get barreled.
The main activity is of course surfing. Each day we will be at the spot offering the best conditions and less crowded spot for it. At Mentawai Island group, there are a wide variety of breaks, the challenge it to get perfect and not croweded waves, so our surf guing is an expert guide and will always take in consideration, the surf level, the size & direction of the swell and Wind.
Wake up at early, have a coffee and fruit salad and head out for a session.
Come back for omelet or pancake breakfast, then chill up top with a fruit juice watching the surf.
If you desire, you can go for a paddle on the SUP, snorkel a bit or just watch a movie until lunch is ready.
After lunch, you’ll can relax again, grab a snack in the meantime and head for another surf session, which will last till almost dark.
You can then relax with a Bintang in your hand and watch your and your friends waves on the TV as dinner comes out. Another 2 Bintangs later it’s safe to say it’s bedtime!
- Exploration of he islands nearby
- Highly Experienced Captain
- Experienced surf-guide
- Photographers and videographers team
- Very skilled chef
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
We operate all over the Mentawai, typically, we depart from Padang in the first evening of the trip and cross over to the Mentawai region overnight. Depending on condition will choose the start of our journey. Our priority is to make our guests happy, there are so many options around and we will do the schedule upon arrival. The 11th day we will leave the archipelago in the evening and travel overnight back to Padang.
The best about having a camp on a boat is that the trip has no fixed itinerary! We always have the latest forecast in hands and will plan the route according to the weather and swell conditions. The main Routes of this Charter will be around Mentawai and Telo Islands.
Make your way to Padang (West Sumatra), upon your arrival in Padang, our ground crew will be ready to pick you up from Minangkabau International Airport to Hotel/Harbour and return.
1. International > Jakarta / Bali > Padang
International flights to Jakarta or Denpasar (Bali)
– Garuda Indonesia
– For Australians, Qantas, Jetstar, AirAsia, and Malindo Air
2. International > KL > Padang
Flight to Kuala Lumpur > Padang
– There is a budget airline AirAsia fly from KL to Padang return on selected days.
Please ensure you arrive by 4pm in Padang for the first day of the trip.
Your flight out of Padang needs to be departing later than 10am on the last day of the charter.
PRICES & PACKAGES
All Trips only USD 2,250 / person
21 Jun to 3 Jul
10 Jul to 22 Jul
24 Jul to 5 Aug
7 Aug to 15 Aug
17 Aug to 29 Aug
31 Aug to 12 Sep
14 Sep to 26 Sep
28 Sep to 10 Oct
12 Oct to 24 Oct
26 Oct to 7 Nov
9 Nov to 21 Nov
23 Nov to 5 Dec
7 Dec to 19 Dec
20 Dec to 1 Jan
12 Nights all Included:
- Pickup and return from Minangkabau International Airport in Padang (PDG), Sumatra. Transfers: Airport/ (Hotel) / Boat – Boat / (Hotel) / Airport.
- 12 nights charter
- Air conditioned accommodation
- TV, video, speakers
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Snacks and fruits any time of the day or night
- Water, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cappuccino, juices, soft drinks
- FREE 24 BEERS PER Person. This is transferrable – if your mate doesn’t drink you get more.
- Use of all onboard equipment: dinghy, stand up paddle board, snorkelling, spearfishing gear and safety equipment
- Surf guide, skipper and crew onboard to make sure sure everything runs smoothly
- Any Flight Tickets
- Hotel in Padang if an overnight stay is necessary (not usually the case). There are a few options of hotels located 5 to 10 min the harbour costing between 30 and 100 usd/ night/ room for 2 guests. We are happy to assist with making a booking
- Mentawai Government Surf Tax – 1 million rupiahs (around 75 USD) In cash or on booking together with the boat payment.
- Wine and spirits are available at an additional cost upon request at the time you pay for your trip
- Tipping the crew is not mandatory but very appreciated. We recommend USD 50/ person. All cash tips are distributed evenly among them.
- Professional photo/video package start from USD 200/person for full group booking. It is optional and need to be payed in cash (USD or IDR) by the end of the trip or prior on booking.