Westport Teens Adventures, Language & Surf Camp - Co, Mayo. Ireland
Westport Teens Adventures, Language & Surf Camp has full residential facilities for 100 campers in single, double and multi-bedded rooms. Secure, private location on the outskirts of Westport Town. All activities are either on site or on nearby beaches and mountains.
- Exciting Activity Zone on site, including water sports, high ropes, climbing tower, archery range, team tasks, aeroball & more.
- Swimming pool, games room, indoor play area
- Watersports lake within 5-minute walking distance from centre
- Croagh Patrick (Ireland’s Holy Mountain) climb (or part climb) included in programme
- Our own surfing site changing facilities available nearby.
Westport Teens Adventures, Language & Surf Camp
The Centre has full residential facilities for 100 campers in single, double and multi-bedded rooms. Secure, private location on the outskirts of Westport Town.
- They are clean, but no-frills accommodation.
- They are checked and cleaned every day.
- Campers are responsible for their own personal space.
- Staff members sleep nearby to campers, with additional night-time security patrols.
- We supply all bedding.
Facilities on site
- Exciting Activity Zone on site, including water sports, high ropes, climbing tower, archery range, team tasks, aeroball & more
- 17m swimming pool
- Games room
- Indoor play area
Nearby the Camp
- Watersports lake whithin 5 minute walking distance from centre
- Croagh Patrick (ireland’s Holy Mountain) climb (or part climb) included in programme
- Our own surfing site changing facilities available nearby
Parents’ Peace of Mind
Safe, fun and friendly environment, Leaders we be always on hand to help any way they can. Children over the age of ten are granted a little more freedom than the younger children, and they are given the opportunity to try ‘tasters’ of all activities before they decide where they will pour their energy for more prolonged periods of time. Our teenagers are treated like young adults, more flexible schedule, free time but also under the supervision.
Guaranteed Fun, Real Benefits
Ireland Summer Camps are all about having fun where every camper is a winner. They can learn more about themselves and we encourage campers to take healthy risks, celebrate success, and promote self-confidence and self-esteem.
We are fully aware that safety and security are critical issues for you, our combined experience of over 60 years in outdoor education and coming from a school-teaching background, and as parents ourselves, we have an instinctive understanding of the importance of not placing campers in dangerous or insecure situations.
Safe, Secure and Approved
- Our staff are suitably-qualified & trained to an exceptionally high standard
- All our staff adhere strictly to our health and safety procedures
- We are experienced operators & can thus anticipate issues before they arise
- We have an excellent safety record
- Our accommodation bases are secure, private and approved, with 24-hour security and CCTV as standard Health & Safety, and Risk Assessments
Health & Safety and Risk Assessments
For all aspects of our operation, are updated regularly and are available for inspection when visiting our centers.
If you are beginner it’s about learning the basics of Surfing so you can get up on your board and ride the waves, no experience needed apart from being confident in the water and a willingness to get wet.
The Lessons are going to be at Carrowniskey Beach (one of the finest surfing beaches on the West coast). It’s just 15 minutes from our Camp base in Westport, Co. Mayo which is fast becoming the Adventure capital of Ireland.
Learn English with the Irish
High-quality English Language Programmes in the company of English speaking Irish students combining action-packed, academic expertise, exciting Cultural, Activity Programmes and rewarding residential Irish Experience is the best experience for a teenager.
Students have two options to choose from to start:
A. English Classes with Activities: students have formal English classes (15 hours) Monday to Friday mornings.
- Allocated to the class most appropriate to their level of English
- Small classes
- Stimulating lessons
- Specialised teachers
- Skills: reading, listening, spoken, comprehension and language development.
- Assessment, Reporting and Certification
Students spend their afternoons participating in exciting activities with their Irish and international friends which requires them to speak English to communicate.
B. Activities Only (no participation in Classes):
Even without spending a time in a classroom to spend time with Irish and international friends on daily bases encourage rapid language development speaking confidence while making new friends and having fun.
One excursion per week, to places of Historical and Cultural importance and also shopping with the newly made international friend to practice English under the supervision of our monitor,
- Shopping: St. Stephen’s Green Centre, Grafton Street, Liffey Valley and Dundrum Town Centre.
- Museums: The Guinness Storehouse, The Natural History Museum and The National Gallery.
- Activities: JIG where students can learn about Irish dancing, SPLASH amphibian craft, Trinity College Library
Excursions outside of Dublin
- The national Stud of Ireland & Japanese Gardens
- Lullymore Heritage Park
- Westport House & Gardens
- Belvedere House & Gardens
- The Kilbeggan Distillery Experience
- Galway City & Connemara
- Clonmacnoise & Athlone Castle on the River Shannon
Apart from the Surfing, our Westport Teens Adventures, Language & Surf Camp has an exciting range of Multi-Activities that will keep you occupied when you’re not surfing (or if the weather rules out surfing).
- Arts & Crafts
- Canoe Capsize
- DJ Mix
- Face Painting
- Field Sports
- Frisbee Cup
- High Ropes
- Jewellery Making
- Low Ropes
- Music Workshop
- Nature Tracks
- Parachute Games
- Problem Solving
- Quad Bikes
- Raft Building
- Table Tennis
- Tag Rugby
- Team Tactics
- Treasure Hunt
- Uni Hoc
- Water Games
- Zip Wire
- Talent Show
- Treasure Hunt
- Camp Fire
- Mini Olympics
- Beach Party
- Sports night
- Film night
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
The Hotel at the edge of Westport Town on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean. All activities are either on site or on nearby beaches and mountains. Spectacular views peaceful surrounding.
It is very important for our planning to have your arrival & departure details as far in advance as possible. Please remember that all flights times must be between 10am and 5pm in Dublin. Our group leaders will be waiting for the arrival of your child wearing a brightly colored uniform and holding Camp signs.
Your child will be escorted to the camp, where the fun will really begin.
PRICES & PACKAGES
Westport Surf Camp
10-13, 13-17 Years old
From Sunday to Sunday (30 June to 28 July)
June 30th to July 7th
July 7th to July 14th
July 15th to July 21st
July 21st to July 28th
Prices per person per 2 weeks camp:
English* + Surf´s up 1750 €
Surf´s up only 1610 €
English* + Horse Riding 1790 €
Horse Riding only 1650€
English* + Multi-activity 1690 €
Multi-activity only 1550 €
- Full Board in 2, 4 and some multi-bedded residential accommodation
- Full activity programme
- 1 Full Day & 2 Half day excursions including Entrance Fees.
- End of Course Certification and Assessment Report
- 1 free group leader per 10-15 students
- Packed Lunch on arrival and departure on Dublin Airport
- Public Liability Insurance
- Services of well trained, safety conscious staff
*English Lesson Packages
- 15 hours English lessons per week (additional tuition can be provided by arrangement)
- Flights to Ireland
- Airport Transfer Charges (120 € return)
- Extra excursions
- Specialist Camp Options
- Trinity Exam Fees
- Transfer costs for individuals
- Travel & Personal Accident Insurance
- Camp Kit (Supplement of €60)
- Customer Protection Plan: Irish Residents €35 per person per week; Overseas residents €50 per person per week.
- Please be advised our arrival times at the airport are between 10am –5pm on Sundays. If your child arrives outside of our scheduled pick up times please contact us as an extra charge will be incurred.