Teens Surf Camp - Lanzarote, Canary Islands. Spain
This Accommodation is no longer available
Children who come to our camps leave having gained lifelong friends and new experiences and memories to cherish!
Book your place at our summer camps now! But be quick! We only have 35 places! These camps are for boys and girls between 13 and 17 years old. Don’t miss out this summer. Come and join us on the Canary Islands!
In July, arrivals and departures to the camps are always on Sundays. However, if this is not possible for you, get in touch and we can arrange for you to arrive during the week.
THE SURF HOUSE
The Surf House is to make you feel at home even when you are with your other family, the surfers. In the house you will meet surf enthusiasts like yourself from all over the world sharing a 250m2 house with all services and features you need to relax and enjoy your stay in the Canary Islands.
The aim is to learn surf, have fun and make new friends while you spend a memorable vacation. The surf house is fully equipped, comfortable, clean and safe. It is located in a quiet area, you can choose between private and shared rooms (all rooms have towels, sheets and blankets included) and it also has common areas, kitchen, barbecue and a terrace located 100 meters from the beach.
SUMMER CAMP INCLUDES
- Transport from Lanzarote airport to Famara and back.
- A week’s stay at our surf house in Famara (Lanzarote).
- 6 days (24 hrs between Monday and Saturday) of surfing lessons in English or Spanish, giving the children a chance to develop their language throughout the summer whilst they practice their favorite sport (surfing equipment included throughout the course).
- Full board service (breakfast, afternoon snack and dinner).
- Lunch (on lesson days): hot sandwiches, water and fruit juice.
- Transport to the beach.
- Course certificate.
- 2 trips out.
- Surfing contest between the children with prizes for the 3 winners from each camp.
- 15% discount at our surf shop.
- 24 hour supervision.
- Internet access.
- Underwater photos of your holidays and promotional video at no extra cost.
- Bilingual supervisors with surfing instructor certificates (B.S.A.) and lifeguard certificates.
- Public liability and accident insurance.
- Informative pamphlet about the island.
- Farewell dinner, barbecue and party.
INFORMATION FOR MOTHERS AND FATHERS
Frequent Questions about summer camps
- All the lessons are in English or Spanish! At our camps, children consolidate their English with bilingual supervisors, whilst doing their favorite sport!
- Where do the children stay?We provide a large house where the children stay, with separate rooms for boys and girls.
- What are the meals like? Is food included in the cost?All food is included. Breakfast, afternoon snacks and dinner are provided by an authorised catering company in Lanzarote and lunch is arranged by the school. The food includes: warm sandwiches with salad, meat fish, tortilla etc. There is a different menu every day.
- Who is in charge of the children at the camp? We provide qualified supervisors with years of experience who will be with the children at all times, except when they are doing their surfing lessons, when they will be supervised by the qualified instructors. The children will be monitored 24 hours a day by the supervisors, with an internal rota which they must comply with.
The instructor responsible for this course is
Itzi comes from Donosti. She is officially qualified as a leisure and entertainment supervisor as well as as a lifeguard and bikeride guide. She is also the community manager and is responsible for marketing. Before discovering surfing at 26 years old, she played and coached basketball. But the warm sea and waves brought her to the Canary Islands. She is extroverted, dynamic and great with children. The only thing she hates is having to say goodbye to the children after every camp.
- Surfing: There are 4 hours of surfing lessons a day and a ratio of 8 children per instructor. The lessons use special equipment for beginners, guaranteeing maximum security throughout the course. This activity includes lunch on the beach at around 13.00. Surfing lessons take place from Monday to Saturday.
- Canoeing: Canoeing takes place in the capital Arrecife and is led by professional instructors. The children navigate through the Charco San Gines bridges leading to Castillo de San Gabriel. Here, there is a small beach, where the children will learn to flip their canoes in the event of capsizing, and to keep their balance while rowing a professional canoe. There will be a support zodiac with them at all times.
- Yoga: The children will do yoga accompanied by music on Famara pier, a peaceful spot by the sea. Most of the children who come to the camp, despite not having any previous experience of doing yoga, end up loving it. Doing yoga also helps to improve surfing technique.
- Paintball: Paintball takes place in a compound designed specifically for this activity. The children will be divided into groups and play various games with objectives. May the best team win
- Tourist trips: There will be a trip to tourist sites on the south of the island by bus. This will include stops at some of Lanzarote’s various tourist sites, such as Timanfaya National Park (The land of fire), the “Green Puddle”, the Hotbeds or the Salt Lands. There will also be a stop … beach where there will be a chance to swim.
- Snorkelling in Puerto del Carmen: Puerto de Carmen is one of the island’s tourist sites, with a small beach called “Playa Chica”. This is where the snorkelling will take place. This is where the diving schools choose to do their beginners courses as it boasts calm, transparent waters.
- Mountain biking trips: The biking trips take the children along simple routes around Famara. The bikes are TREK mountain bikes of high quality, and fully secure helmets are provided.
- Hiking trips: The hiking trips are suitable for everyone. These will take the children around Famara, the Coast and between Famara-Caleta de Caballo and the area’s volcanoes. The route is chosen based on the weather conditions. These trips will show the children just how beautiful the nature around Famara is.
- Group workshops: There will be a wide variety of workshops to do, including:
- Kite building, designing and painting your own miniature surf board.
- Shirt stamping workshop.
- Photography workshop.
- Globoflexia workshop and facepainting.
Entertainment: “Olympic Games”. These involve a wide range of skill and sports games as well as casual talks about “sport” and the values that sport can teach you: participation, teamwork, competition, winning and losing gracefully, creativity without electronic devices or consoles etc. At the end, “Olympic Certificates” will be distributed to the children.
- Farewell party: Here, the good times end…but the great times begin! This will take place in the surfhouse, a place where the children will have enjoyed such great times. There will be a barbecue, a certificate and photo distribution certifying you as a real surfer! There will also be different prizes awarded, from best surfer to friendliest participant. And of course there will be music and dancing too.
- Extra afternoon activities: Beach volleyball, Canary Ball, hiking, mountain biking, trips out, paint ball, canoeing course, workshops and fun games.
And if all this weren’t enough…
¡There will be 2 trips out during the week!
- Trip to the south of the island to visit Timanfaya National Park, ending with a trip to a beautiful beach for diving with masks and tanks. The water here is calm and crystal clear, with no strong currents.
- Trip to the capital Arrecife for canoeing lessons (with support zodiac), taught by Lanzarote Canoeing Federation.
- Trip to Costa Teguise and to a water park.
- Trip to La Graciosa Island.
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
Our advantage comes from our idyllic location. Our surf house is located only 100 metres from the beach in the Natural Reserve of Famara with wonderful views of the island of “La Graciosa”.
- What documents do the children need to bring with them?They need to bring an identity document and health card. They also need to inform the camp of any health conditions or allergies.
- About the flight:One thing that tends to concern parents is letting their child fly alone. Air companies offer a “unaccompanied children” service. For the peace of mind of the parents, this is recommended.
- Transport, departure and arrivals: There will be several supervisors in charge of arranging trips to and from the airport. One of the supervisors will be waiting in the arrivals zone to collect the child from a member of the cabin crew. If your child is travelling alone, you should book an accompaniment service from the airline so that they can be at all times accompanied by an adult. In order for us to collect your child, you must send us authorisation so that the cabin crew can deliver them to us.
- Low-cost airlines flying to the Canary Islands:
- www.ryanair.com suele ser la que tiene mejor precio si vienes desde Valencia, Barcelona o Madrid
- www.vueling.com con la caída de Spanair también abre líneas desde Bilbao, Madrid y Barcelona
And we’re only 3 hours from any point in Spain!
PRICES & PACKAGES
This Accommodation is no longer available
20/03 – 30/07 1 week 595Euros
10/03 – 30/07 2 weeks 990 Euros
02/02 – 30/07 3 weeks 1425 Euros
03/02 – 30/07 4 weeks 1800 Euros
- Separate rooms for boys and girls
- Trasport to the beach
- Full board
- Equipment needed for the program
- Qualified instructors
- Liability insurance