Algarve Surf Villa - Raposeira, Sagres. Surf Camps in Portugal
The hostel and guesthouse is in Sagres in the Algarve. We are a homely, friendly hostel where you can meet new friends, learn to surf, do lot’s of other great activities and have a great time. It is run by two Portuguese surfers who are always here and willing to help and advise you on how to make the most of your stay in this beautiful part of Portugal.
Every day we take the guests in our vans to the best beaches in the Algarve for free. Depending on which beach you want to visit, sometimes these transfers are a true surf safari, giving you the possibility to surf awesome waves whilst enjoying the epic nature around you.
Other services, such as Stand Up Paddle -Trips, surf guiding, rental of surf equipment, surfing lessons, Yoga and other outdoor activities are available as well – so there will always be lots of things to do. Check our section on activities and things to do in Sagres and around for more information.
It’s a great house: clean and comfortable, with a fully equipped kitchen, a living-room with cable TV, DVD player, Internet, Wi-Fi, … There are all kind of different private rooms or dorm rooms to choose from. Check out some photos and image where you could be staying!
The Hostel is located in SW-point of the beautiful Algarve. In a small, homely town called Raposeira. The perfect spot to reach all surfspots around easily. Find out more about the location, the surrounding and how to get here.
The Hostel is a great place to stay if you are travelling alone or with friends and want to meet other people, but also as a couple or a group as we are having as well private rooms. There is a big kitchen where you can cook yourself and a huge livingroom with tables to eat and talk as well as a comfy relax-corner with couchballs, a big TV, lot’s of DVDs. Around the house there is a terrace with hammacks, a BBQ-Area, and places to relax. We are constantly improving our place for you to make it even better!
THERE ARE ALL KIND OF ROOMS AVAILABLE:
6 BED DORM
- Mixed 6 Bed Dorm Room
- Linen & Towel included
- Free WIFI
- Each bed has a reading light
- Wood bunkers with orthopaedic mattresses
- A big locker for each bed available.
If you want to book the whole room for you and your friends: contact us!
- Double Room
- Linen & Towels included
- Free WIFI
- Double bed with orthopaedic mattresses
- You get a key to lock the room.
SUNSET PRIVATE ROOM
- Sunset Private Room
- Linen and towel included
- Free WIFI
- Each bed has a reading light
- Twin or double bed with orthopaedic mattresses
- You get a key to lock the room.
PRIVATE STUDIO ROOM ENSUITE
- Private Studio Room Ensuite – 2 to 4 beds
- Linen & Towels included
- Each bed has a reading light.
- Individual beds with orthopaedic mattresses.
- You get a key to lock your room.
- Free WIFI inside the main house.
- Special: Private WC & private porch with hammock.
- The Studio is in a seperate house, so you feel like in your own apartment, with your own bathroom as well as own small terrace with hammocks.
- For cooking you can use the kitchen in the main house, as well as the living-room with TV, Satellite and other facilities!
FACILITIES & SERVICES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Comfy living area
- TV with Cable and lots of DVDs
- BBQ Area
- Terrace with hammacks
- Free WIFI
- Free Parking
- Linen included
- Towels included
- Breakfast & Dinner available
- Free transports to the beaches
- Supermarket in 1min walking distance
- 24h hour Reception
- 5km to the beaches
- Pets allowed
Can’t find what you are looking for? Just write us and we will see if we can help you!
Things to do in Sagres & around
In order to make your stay at the Hostel even more memorable, we arrange a series of activities for our guests. There are awesome things to do in Sagres, like yoga, paragliding and scuba-diving! All activities are organized either by us (like surf-guiding and Stand Up Paddle) or by local businesses selected by The Guesthouse, and are fully qualified.
Stand Up Paddle Trip (SUP)
Stand Up Paddle has its roots in Hawaii, where it’s knows as Hoe he’e nalu. Basically, SUP uses a surf style board (really stable, big board) and a long paddle. You are standing on the board, using the paddle to come forward (we will show you the best technique how to do it).
It’s a great way to experience the beautiful coastline of the Algarve, it’s rough cliffs and it’s caves, birds and fishes, from another point of view – the water. You will have a great time enjoying the surrounding, the sun and water and experiencing a new sport. It’s a sport everybody can do, from young to old, you don’t have to be particularly sportive or in shape, don’t be afraid, let’s try it, book your tour!
THE SUP TRIP
Our Stand Up Paddle Trip last for 3:00 hours. You will be surprise of the caves we visit, they’re unique! Some of the caves only have access by swimming, so we will get of the board and swim into them. The tour is very exciting, easy and very beautiful.
We depart from the Hostel in our van with the Stand Up Paddles in the trailer. After 10 minutes driving we reach the beach (which is already beautiful on it’s own) where we departure into the water. Before we leave the beach you will get a small briefing about security and how to drive the Stand Up Paddle Board. Then it is just about having fun and enjoying the nature. The whole route of the tour is without any crowd and inside of the Natural Park.
During the tour we take pictures with our water proof camera. You will get the pictures for free after the tour!
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- All the equipment (Board, Paddle, Wetsuit if wanted)
- The transfer to the beach
- The photos
- The guiding
Each tour is limited to 8 persons. Book now your SUP-trip and be part of the exclusive people that had already this great experience.
Surf & Beaches
You want to learn surf or are you fancy brushing up on your surf skills? Why not get some lessons from a qualified teacher? You’ll improve your surfing way faster than you ever could otherwise!
The Algarve is a great place to surf. Best waves are in winter, but also in summer you can find some nice waves! All these beaches are super beautiful and also for non-surfers really enjoyable! We are experienced surfers and show you the best spots around here! We will bring you to the once which will be working and will be the best for your surf-level! We are looking forward to bring you around! Transfers to the beaches are free. We bring you to one beach a day and pick you up later at the time arranged!
If you want to get a Surf Guide to travel with you from spot to spot to find the best waves of the day, contact us!
If you are packing light and aren’t bringing a surfboard with you, then don’t worry – you can rent one of our surfboards at great value! Car straps are free!
- Bike Rental: We have some bikes for you to rent! It’s a beautiful area to explore per bike! You can even reach the closes beaches easily per bike!
- Blokart (Wind-Karting): A great activity, full of action, fun and adrenaline! The Blokart-Track is close by and you will have a great time! It’s easy to learn, fun, fast and super exciting!
- Massage / Osteopathy: The ultimate recipe for a bit of relaxation! Full body massage, after Surf massage (back, neck, shoulders), osteopathy treatment, slowing down: acupuncture and sacro-craneal treatment.
- Nature Walks: Walks on the wild west coast of the Algarve. More than a simple walk – an experience! Because a walk can be much more than putting one foot in front of the other. Atalaia’s vision is to tell the story of the natural landscape which is going to be discovered. The guide thus turns into a story teller. He tells the secrets of the green and the blue and the brown that will be encountered all along the way. These walks take part in the Saint Vincent Natural Park which is a nature reserve
Hiking – Experience: Trail of Atalaia, Trail of the villages, Trail of the smugglers, Trail of the fishermen;
Theme – Experience: wild mushroom picking walk, bee obervation walk, shellfish walk, kitchen-garden walk or the meditation walk.
- Jeep Tours Algarve: Discover the beautiful vicentina coast by 4×4 Vehicles. Visit and explore great landscapes, secret places and beaches of extreme beauty. 60% of the tours are done by foot as these walking tours periodes are made in the natural park where it’s not allowed to use any kind of vehicle. The best: you can drive the 4×4 by yourself! Minimum of 2 persons and a maximum of 18 persons!Possible Tours: Tour 1- Sagres – Torre de Aspa; Tour 2 – Sagres – Carrapateira; Tour 3 – Bravery triangle – Monchique – Aljezur (Touristic Tour).
- Fishing/Dolphin/Boat Tours: Under the Mediterranean influence and in the Atlantic Ocean the coast of Sagres is a privileged area for the Observation of Marine Life. Come with us on a great tour to find out more about the sea world, to go fishing or to have an incredible view of the Coat of Vicentina from the water!
- Scuba Diving: The Algarve has a beautiful underwater-world!
1 Scuba Dive – It includes: theory class, Training in confined water, 1 scuba diving in the sea, transfer, equipment and a trainer
2 Scuba Dives – It includes: theoric class, Training in confined water, 2 scuba divings in the sea, transfer, equipment and a trainer
Course of 4 or 5 days – It includes: 4 Scuba divings in open water, 5 series in confined water (practical classes), 5 theoretical sessions, international certificate, OWD Kit (manual and scuba diving card), scuba diving equipment, transfer, DAN (Divers Alert Network) and the trainer.
- Paragliding: You want to see the beautiful Algarve from the top? Let’s go paragliding! You never did it, don’t worry get hooked up with a trainer and fly together!
Price for Flying (for experienced folks) or Baptism (together with a trainer). Included is a trainer, the equipment and transfer!
- Horse Riding:
Program 1 – Contact with the horse: cleaning and tacking up, Introduction to equestrian practice and arena riding (beginners), Ride Trail (approx. 6km), Arrival and untacking.Duration: 2h.
Program 2 (May include beach visit) Contact with the horse: cleaning and tacking up, Introduction to equestrian practice and arena riding (beginners), Ride Trail (approx. 12km), Arrival and untacking. Duration: 3h.
Program 3 (May include beach visit) Contact with the horse: cleaning and tacking up, Ride Trail (approx. 20 km), Arrival and untacking. Duration: 4h
- Yoga: 1:15 min Yoga
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
We are located in the beautiful South-West of the Algarve, Portugal. From down here to all the way up to Sines is the National Parc “Costa Vicentinal”, so we are surrounded by a beautiful, pure nature! It’s a great area to go for walks, hiking, watch birds and other animals, to hang out on the amazing beaches, to go surf in the famous waves and to just spend a great holiday!
In the town of Raposeira there are two local restaurants, a pizzaria to go to as well as a supermarket. In Vila do Bispo you’ll also find a local Fruit, Vegetable & Fish Market as well as a supermarket “Lidl”. Here is an overview of the most important beaches, activities, restaurants, bars, shops,.. around the Hostel. There are many more restaurants, bars and shops to find in Sagres but it would explode our overview-map!
If you are looking for something special we are happy to show you the places or give you directions when you are here!
Take the flight to Faro, from there we can pick you up, just let us know! Or if you take a flight to Lisbon (which is about 300km north) take a bus from there to Lagos.
The busses from Faro or Lisbon all end up in Lagos. So if you are coming from Lagos, go to the main bus station and get the bus with the line “Lagos-Sagres”. Buy a ticket to Raposeira. Get off there, walk in direction of Sagres!
From Lagos take the 125 National road in Sagres-direction. After 20km you will be in the Village of Raposeira.
If you are coming from Lisbon and follow the highway to the south (A2), turn ono the A22 direction Sagres and follow the directions written from Lagos. But if you are coming from the beautiful landroute along the coast (N120/N268) turn in Vila do Bispo onto the mainroad direction Lagos and you’ll find the Raposeira as the next town.
If you are coming from Faro (eg. the airport) follow the highway direction Portimao/Lagos and then follow the instructions above from Lagos!
PRICES & PACKAGES
Price per bed per night
4 Bed Dorm: 17€ to 24€
6 Bed Dorm: 15€ to 26€
Double Room: 33€ to 78€
Sunset Private Room: 30€ to 75€
Private Studio Room Ensuite: 40€ to 140€
Low Season: November – March
Mid Season – April – June / September – October
High Season: July – August
|1 Day||3 Days||5 Days|
|Surfboard + Wetsuit||25€||60€||90€|
Note: Please ask for hard board conditions.
Stand Up Paddle
The price includes:
- Transfer to the beach
Price: 60€,- / person
Great place for surfing, relaxing, exploring, chilling...
"Stayed here for 8 nights and feeling like home. Clean place, nice staff and relaxed atmosphere. We really enjoy our stay. All interesting places are nearby and we receive adequate information any question we have for the best places and time for activities in the region. Will be back again for more sun, surf and good vibes. Thank you guys!"
Good place to explore the surf spots around Sagres
"A great place to meet fellow travellers, surfers, and fantastic people. It's very nicely located to easily explore south and west coast of the Algarve. Staff is super friendly and can give great advice about the local area, surf breaks, and potential next stops on your trip. I stayed there 3 nights in the private double bed room, met a bunch of really nice people, and had a very great time. Kitchen is well equipped, and it is generally very clean. It was off season so no volleyball tournaments and outside bar, but I guess this adds to the charme of this hostel in high season."
"Great place, visited twice for surf and sup with my 8 year old daughter, all the safety procedures, great experiences, Will be back for more, the hostel with great vibe, bar outdoor and even a voleiball camp. Recomended!!"
"Carlos and Alvaro who run the place are absolute legends, really nice guys and helpful, Carlos is a gem in the kitchen, especially when he gets the apron on! A great crowd over new year and well located for everything. Thanks guys! See you on September"