Praia da Tocha Family Surf Camp - Tocha, Coimbra, Porto. Surf Camps in Portugal
Welcome to our little family!
At Praia da Tocha Family Surf Camp, kids can be kids and parents can find quality time for themselves.
We are a small family surf camp founded by friends from all over the world. Our home provides us with everything we need to create a unique surf camp experience for families.
We’re located on a fully set-up campsite with sanitary facilities, swimming pool, a café/bar and a playground, which are free to use for all of our guests.
We’re located directly by the little sea side town Praia da Tocha, which offers you restaurants, bars, ice cream parlours and many more possibilities to dive into genuine Portuguese culture!
Praia da Tocha Family Surf Camp
Your family will be sharing a spacious tipi tent for four people.
The tents are equipped with:
- one double
- two single beds
- comfortable mattresses
- storage space
- dishes and cutlery
In case you wish to book a separate accommodation for your older kids or are a family bigger than 4, you can opt for our mini tipi with two additional beds.
In our community area you’ll find an open and equipped kitchen with a shared fridge and several hobs. For physical and mental well-being we invite you to our relax zone where we offer Ayurvedic massages.
Our family package includes a breakfast buffet and on five evenings per week, our chef will cook international dishes accompanied by fresh salad and dessert. We cater for vegetarian and vegan diets, too. Two days a week we’ll give you the opportunity to join our organised trips to a local restaurant and the city of Porto to dive into the Portuguese culture.
We’re looking forward to meeting you soon and introducing you to our community of outdoor-loving families and friends of the ocean!
- Surf lessons for kids
- Separate surf lessons for parents and yoga lessons. The lessons are taught in English, but our instructors speak German, French, Dutch and Spanish, too.
- A nanny service during the adult surf
- Yoga lessons
- Kids animation
- Photo packages
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
Praia da Tocha Family Surf Camp is based in the beautiful little fishing town Praia da Tocha in Portugal Centro. Tocha is hidden in the middle of pine forests directly by the beach and is part of the 297km long Coastline between Aveiro and Peniche with some of the best waves in Europe. Here you’ll find long stretches of uncrowded beaches mixed with some genuine Portuguese culture and traditional architecture.
If you’re travelling by public transport, take the metro or the bus to Aveiro. From there you can either grab another bus to Tocha (leaves only once a day at 17 o’clock) or get an Uber for approx. 35-40 €. We offer free shuttles from Tocha to the surf camp, just let us know your planned arrival time and we’ll arrange the rest for you!
If you rather want to take a taxi from the airport to the surf camp, the costs are between 80-100 € per car.
PRICES & PACKAGES
Praia da Tocha Family Surf Camp Family package
Season 2020: 27 June – 26 September
|1 adult, 1 child||2 adults, 1 child||1 adult, 2 children||2 adults, 2 children||1 adult, 3 children||Mini Tipi|
- 7 nights in a spacious and fully equipped private tipi tent with one double and two single beds
- Daily breakfast buffet with home-made daily specials
- 5x dinner including salad and a dessert for the whole family
- Use of the surf equipment (surfboards & wetsuits) throughout the whole stay
- Surf lesson insurance
- Kids animation and nanny during adult surf lessons and yoga lessons
- Use of all facilities of the family surf camp and the campsite
On top, you can decide to book surf courses for parents or specialised surf courses for kids from 6 years on or teenagers.
We also offer yoga courses, Ayurvedic massages, photo packages, lunch options for every day, additional babysitting services in the evenings and organised trips.
5-day surf course kids 175,-
5-day surf course adults 125,-
5 yoga sessions 40,-
Ayuverdic massage 60 min. 30,-
- If you want to stay longer than 1 week, please get in touch for an individualised booking offer
- We have special rates for kids under 6 years, please get in touch for further information
- Kids under 3 years are free
- The adult price applies for teenagers from 14 years on
- For families bigger than four, please get in touch for a special offer