Playa Santana Beachfront Surf Resort - Popoyo, Tola. Nicaragua
Playa Santana Beachfront Surf Resort is the closest you get from a paradise, with more than 10 years of experience, we have accommodation for all budget. From luxurious hilltop mansions with private pools to dorm beds. We are some of the early Nicaragua pioneers and were lucky to choose our location freely, at what we consider the best places in Nicaragua.
Over than 300 days a year of offshore winds, guarantee surf all day long no matter the tide and you will have to only walk to find the best surf spots of the day. Playa Santana which is the wedgy beach break right in front of our hotel, the lefthand reef of Playa Rosada, classic Playa Popoyo and the infamous Outer Reef.
Tropical warmth, sunshine, warm water, and off-shore breezes, comfortable and affordable! Good vibrations all day long. Swiss hosts and owners welcome surfers, couples on honeymoon and families alike enjoy ocean views while sipping a cool drink in our open air palapa restaurant or refresh in our swimming pool.
Playa Santana Beachfront Surf Resort
- Five acres of beachfront property
- World-class waves all around
- The garden offers plenty of shaded typical rancho areas for lounging
- Beautiful tropical landscaping
- Swimming pool
- Swim up bar
Family style cozy main house has five standard rooms. All rooms have access to a shared, bright and spacious covered patio area.
- Countless hammocks
- Tables and chairs for lounging and making friends
- A wide-open view of the pool and restaurant with the ocean in the background.
- The design and orientation of the hotel structure were developed with the natural environment in mind.
- The rooms are well protected from direct sunlight by a super-structure roof, dramatically reducing radiant heat from the tropical sun.
- The famous Nicaraguan off-shore breezes provide refreshing ventilation, which passes through each room, creating a comfortable temperature day and night and greatly reducing the need for artificial cooling.
- All of our Standard rooms have ceiling fans for additional comfort.
In separate, more private buildings yet still close to all amenities we offer six “Deluxe” rooms. If you like all the comforts of home away from home, this is your best bet!
- Two completely private porches (one in the front and one in the back)
- Satellite TV with international programs
- Coffee maker
- A safe to keep your belongings
- Loads of room to breathe and store your gear
- The bathrooms are really spacious and stylish with rain showers with hot, pressurized water
Ultimate in luxurious two tropical-modern beachfront. (The villa sleeps up to six guests.)
The beautiful two-story structures each sit on their own large 600 square meter lot
Offer a unique mix of privacy paired with easy access to all amenities of Playa Santana Beachfront Surf Resort
- Two large, private bedrooms.
- Each bedroom has a queen and a twin bed and a stylish bathroom.
- Fully equipped kitchen/living room area
- Indoor dining area with a dining table
- A couch to relax
- Satellite television with all the major international programs
- There is a third bathroom on the first floor
- A huge glass sliding door leads you outside to your private
- Exceptionally large ocean view terrace with built-in concrete sofa and an additional dining table
- Grab a cool drink, enjoy the tropical breeze and catch the wonderful views of sun, surf and local wildlife.
These Villas are all unique, different and privately owned. Playa Santana Beachfront Surf Resort team built and equipped these villas to the highest standards. The owners decided to share their paradisiacal homes with the Guests.
- Small hill behind the resort approximately 1.5km distance.
- To get the most out of renting one of those homes we recommend renting a vehicle.
- Even though the houses are only 700m from the waterline the walk down (and especially up) can be hard in the heat.
- Own private pool
- Lush gardens and sit on a large private estate
- The small hilltop community is gated and 24/7 security is ensured
- Staying at one of the Hill Villas you have of course access to all amenities of Playa Santana Beachfront Surf Resort
South-western Nicaragua receives 300+ days of offshore winds per year.
Surf lessons and Surf guiding by boat or 4wd
Walking distance breaks
- Playa Santana, which is the wedgy beach break right in front of our hotel
- Playa Rosada the lefthand reef
- Playa Popoyo classic waves and the infamous
- Outer Reef infamous
Once you hop in a car or in a boat, there are many more options, for all tastes.
- Yoga Class
- Horseback ride
- Sea Turtles
- Hot Springs
- Mini Halfpipe
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
Playa Santana Beachfront Surf Resort is located in Southwestern Nicaragua, on a beach called Playa Santana. We are about a one hour drive north of the city of Rivas.
Playa Santana beach break is a 5min walk, several other world-class breaks are less than 15min drive.
By plane: there are several airlines that fly from the US to Managua, Nicaragua. From the airport, we can organize a pick up by four-wheel drive. Our English speaking driver will wait for you at the airport and bring you right to our doorstep. The drive from Managua to Playa Santana Beachfront Surf Resort takes about three hours. This is the quickest, most convenient and safe way to get to us.
By rental car: From Rivas, you drive the paved road towards Tola and from there continue the journey on the well-serviced dirt road in direction of Las Salinas. The Resort is after a little village called Limon.
PRICES & PACKAGES
Prices per person
Group of 2 guests: 1900$
Group of 3 guests: 1500$
Group of 4 guests: 1350$
- 7 nights of private, luxurious accommodation at Playa Santana Beachfront Surf Resort.
- All-inclusive meals and lunch packages for boat and 4wd days. And Yes, even local beers and rums!
- Unlimited personalized, guided surfing by 4wd truck or out front. We also employ full-time certified instructors, beginners are more than welcome!
- Two unforgettable days of surfing and fishing from our private panga
- One day of professional surf photography by Donald Stone
- Access to all resort amenities
- Transportation from Managua airport to Buena Onda Beach Resort and back in solid 4wd vehicle with A/C and English speaking driver
- Complimentary local cultural excursions to fishing villages, hot springs or lookout spots, seasonal festivities like cock fight, rodeo etc.
- 17% nicaraguan taxes
Note: gratuity for local staff and surf guide NOT included.
EUROPA – Dorm Room: 4 bunk beds with shared bathroom – 17.55
OCEANIA 1 & 2 – 2 twin, shared bathroom – 40.95
ASIA – 1 full, private bathroom – 52.65
AMERICA & ASIA – 1 twin, 1 full, private bathroom – 58.50
DELUXE ROOM – 1 twin, 1 queen, private bathroom, A/C, fridge, satellite TV, coffee maker – 87.75
DON ERNESTO & DON PEDRO – 2 bedrooms with each 1 full & 1 twin, 2 1/2 bathrooms, AC throughout the house, fully equipped kitchen, bit outdoor area – 140.40
CASA MAHI MAHI – 3 bedrooms with AC (sleeps up to 7), 2 bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen, BBQ area, private infinity view pool – from 140.-
CASA WAHOO – 3 bedrooms with AC (sleeps up to 7), 3 bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen, BBQ area, private pool – from 150.-
CASA LAS PALMAS – 4 bedrooms with AC (sleeps up to 8), 4 bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen, BBQ area, private infinity view pool – from 180.-
CASA MUY COOL – 2 bedrooms with AC (sleeps up to 5), 2 bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen, BBQ area, private pool – from 140.-
Rates for airport pick up is 120$ for 1-2, 140$ for 3-4, 200$ for 6 or more guests.