Sulawesi Lagoon front Kitesurf Resort - Jeneponto, Sulawesi. Surf Camps in Indonesia
Jeneponto Lagoon Front Kitesurf Resort is located on South-Sulawesi island. The windiest spot in Indonesia with consistent trade winds from April to October, blowing 20-35 knots at peak season. Flat and safe with a huge sandy lagoon and side/on-shore wind, it is ideal for beginners, as well as experienced riders who enjoy big air jumps and unhooked tricks.
This spot features now a kite school and accommodations. The Resort is located right on the shore facing the lagoon, and overlooking the kite action on the water. Only accommodation nearby the spot, it allows you to jump straight from your bed onto the kite spot.
Uncharted spot, you will enjoy a huge sandy lagoon way from the crowd. Flat and safe, the spot is perfect for both beginners who want to learn, and experienced riders who love big jumps and unhooked tricks.
Kitesurf at your doorstep
Exclusive and charming resort right on the shore. Jump from your bed onto the kite spot. Enjoy endless rides beside your comfy nest and your beloved ones. An authentic and unique Indonesian experience.
Unlike other Asian spots, the wind is blowing here during the dry season. It means permanent deep blue sky and no rain at all. Temperature with the wind is a comfortable 28°C ideal to ride in bikini or board-short.
Makassar International Airport provides daily flights from all Indonesian main cities like Jakarta, Surabaya, Bali, Lombok … and also direct flights from international hubs like Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.
F-ONE is a worldwide leading brand for kitesurf gears. The Bandit model with its performance, safety and quality is a perfect fit for all levels. Kite gears are checked regularly and renewed every year.
Jeneponto Lagoon Front Kitesurf Resort
Exclusive and charming, our property is facing the lagoon and the Flores sea. We offer a variety of accommodation options from budget ones, with shared facilities, to more premium ones. Each bungalow has nice garden, pond or sea view … and all of them feature a terrace and outdoor bathroom.
- 12 bungalows
- A restaurant
- A bar
- A lounge with a panoramic view of the spot
- A swimming pool with a panoramic view of the spot
- A kite center surrounded by a beautiful exotic garden.
All our food is homemade, and the restaurant proposes a mix of European and Indonesian food. For sure, you will find water action, privacy, tranquility, and authenticity with us. The resort is perfect for couples, friends, and families with non-kiters. Indeed, you can ride and still be close to your beloved ones without worrying about their comfort.
Restaurant Timetable: Breakfast: 7.00 – 10.00; Lunch: 12.00 – 14.00; Dinner: 18.00 – 20.00
If you have special regimen or allergies, don’t hesitate to warn us. Kitchen is opened all day for a selection of snacks.
The restaurant and bar provide a selection of beers and alcohols. If you have any special taste, feel free to warn us ahead of your arrival, we will do our best to accommodate you.
Grocery: For simple need, there are some “toko”(small shops) in the village. If you have a special request, let us know since we regularly go to Makassar or Jeneponto to refuel.
Yes, we have free wifi at the reception and in the common areas. It is Indonesia: no optical fiber yet, coconut fiber only …
Like in any tropical country, refrain yourself from drinking water from the tap. You have one bottle of water (per guest) refueled every day in your bungalow.
Need somebody to take care of your children? Let us know in advance, and we can find reliable nanny so you can kite freely. Anyway, our resort is right on the shore, so your family will never be far from you.
The Spot: Exciting playground
- You will enjoy this newly charted spot still preserved from the crowd.
- The sandy lagoon is stretching over 2km with shallow and flat waters.
- Beach is large offering a lot of space to safely take-off and land.
- It works both high and low tides with the lagoon moving, but the fun remains the same. Small kickers at high tide and glassy water at low tide, you will never get bored by the sessions.
- Ideal spot whatever your level from beginners to experienced riders who wants to push their limits with big air jumps and unhooked tricks.
- At low tide the beach widen till 300m to practice buggy kite.
The Wind: From April to October
Jeneponto benefits from its strategic location with mountains compression and tip effect that both speed up the trade winds. This specific area experiences also a very long dry season guaranteeing winds consistency, only disturbed by moon changes.
The wind blows side-on from April to October with peak season at 25-35 knots. Usually, the wind starts in the morning till dusk, making the nights with comfortable temperatures.
The kite size most used is 8m for riders 80-85kg. Due to these tremendous wind statistics, 42 wind turbines have been set up to become the biggest Asia-Pacific independent wind farms and helping to boost green energy for the country.
The kite school: Learning & Improving skills
Kitesurf is a pretty addictive sport that offers unique sensations: adrenaline, freedom, and bliss.
Despite being an extreme sport, it is actually easy and safe to learn with the guidance and coaching of an IKO instructor. All kite sports are based on 80% kite skills and 20% board skills …
We propose collective or private classes in different languages, and for advanced riders, we can tailor the lessons to fit your personal objectives.
For novices, we recommend a 12h-package to become autonomous (level 3)
The Equipment: Kite gear by F-ONE
- The kite center is equipped with F-ONE for kites and boards, and MANERA for harnesses and safety accessories.
- F-ONE is a worldwide leading brand with a reputation of performance, quality and safety.
- We propose mostly the BANDIT model that is suitable for all levels from beginners to experienced riders.
- Kitesurf gears are regularly checked for your safety and renewed to benefits from the latest innovations.
- Sizes available from 4m to 13m
For safety concerns, you can rent gear if you provide an IKO level 3, or you can prove capabilities on site with a an IKO instructor.
A glimpse of IKO level 3 capabilities
- Riding and controlling speed by edging
- Riding up-wind
- Sliding transitions
- Self-rescue and pack down
- Low tide reveals a huge beach widening till 300m to practice sand-kite and buggy-kite.
- Want to stick to watersports? The island in front of the resort offers nice spot for snorkeling, spear-fishing, and SUP.
- Need a break from the wind? Just hit the road to explore Sulawesi and its marvels.
- Consult us and we love to organize a tailored trip for you. Here our selection of place of interests.
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
Located in Mallasoro village in Jeneponto regency (South-Sulawesi) in Indonesia. The resort is located right on the shore facing the lagoon, and overlooking the kite action on the water. Only accommodation nearby the spot, it allows you to jump straight from your bed onto the kite spot. Exclusive and charming, our property is facing the lagoon and the Flores sea.
We are located in Mallasoro village at 80 km from Makassar, and its international airport: Sultan Hasanuddin Airport (UPG). Makassar being the capital of East-Indonesia, it is well served by airlines companies. Be aware that some airlines booking platforms use Ujung Pandang as alternative name for Makassar.
If you come from abroad, you can:
- either transit through Singapore or Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and get a direct flight to Makassar – It takes around 3 hours flights with Singapore Airlines, Air Asia or Silk Air.
- or rally big Indonesian hubs such as Jakarta or Bali, and then connect to Makassar – It take around 1hour from Bali and 2h from Jakarta with Garuda, Batik Air, CityLink, Lion Air, …
If you are already visiting Indonesia, or live here:
you can connect Makassar from almost all Indonesian cities with an airport.
Cash and Exchange
Indonesian currency is Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) commonly named RUPIAH. There are ATM machines in airport and along the road. The ATM machines usually accept VISA and MASTERCARD. If you wish to convert cash, we can be your money changer, we practice a fair exchange rate. For cash advance, we practice 10% service fee.
Flight luggage Policies
Some of you may travel with their personal kite gear. We recommend you to confirm the details and conditions, but here some insights:
- Franchise Business 30kg – Eco 20kg
- Excess rule: 1,5% of ticket fare by kg
- Franchise Business 30kg – Eco 20kg
- Excess rules: unclear (by kg)
- Franchise Eco 20kg
- Excess rules: unclear (by kg)
- No franchise – Baggage allowances bought at initial booking (cheaper) or later.
- Starts at 20kg, and up by block of 5kg
- Special allowance for sport equipment
- Franchise Business 40kg – Eco 30kg
- Purchase excess weight in block of 5kg
We propose an insurance for damages of kitesurf gear only. In case you don’t subscribe it, you will borne the cost of gear damages, if any occurs.
Kite lessons supervised by instructor already include this insurance.
Anyway, we ensure that our rental equipment is in excellent condition (regularly checked, maintained and renewed). We encourage you to point out beforehand any defect you may observe.
For injuries, we recommend you to check with your personal insurances.
FYI, riders licensed under the IKO (International Kiteboarding Organization).
Locals are amazingly handy when it comes to sew and glue. But we are not yet equipped with proper sewing machine and skilled people.
For now, we can only help you to fix small damages on bladders and canopy.
We have first aids kit to treat basic injuries, and we have referent doctors in Jeneponto who can commute onsite.
If needed, Makassar city benefits from premium hospital facilities such as SILOAM (Singaporean private hospital).
No mandatory vaccination, bu it is strongly recommended to be updated with the DTP vaccination (diphtheria, tetanus and polio), including measles, rubella and mumps for kids. Tuberculosis is also advised. For more detail advises, you can check with your national embassy and consult your doctor before the trip and always.
Wind is blowing during dry season with sometimes mosquitoes at dusk.
We recommend that you use mosquito repellents (local lotions are very good) if annoyed. Anyway, all bungalows are equipped with mosquito nets for beds.
We have guards to look after your bungalows, but it is advised to leave your valuables in the safety box in your bedroom.
We don’t provide plug adapters. So don’t forget yours! All bungalows are equipped with power sockets type C, E, F.
PRICES & PACKAGES
We open all year long for both seasons.
All prices are in USD. For groups or long stay, contact us to discuss a customized package.
Special deal – First season 2019 at -25% discount
- Prices displayed on the table already include the discount
- Prices are by night and include breakfast
- Additional bed is exclusively for kids < 10 yo
|Packages||Complete set||Kite only||Board only||Harness||
- F-One BANDIT& BREEZE (kites)
- F-One TRAX (boards)
- Manera EXO (harness, impact vest)
You can rent gear, if you provide an IKO level 3, or you can prove competency on site.
- You only pay for the time you use, not the expected schedule.
- Beach assistance and supervision is included
- We propose cheap issuance for the equipment (see below for gear insurance)
- Safety accessories feature Helmet + Impact vest + Boots
|Package||Time||Duration||Per person||Per hour|
All courses include:
- Kite gear rental and insurance
- Safety equipment
- IKO certified instructor
- Delivery of IKO certification card (based on your achievements)
Lessons available in FR-EN-ID
- Prices are for group class with max. 3 pers per instructor
- You only pay for the time spent, not the expected schedule.
- Private class +20%
- Own kitesurf gear -30%
We provide soap and bathroom towels (changes everyday). Bring your own towels for beach and swimming pool.
Avanza $50 – Innova $75 – Fortuner $100 – Alphard $170
- Prices for one-way trip including gas
- Capacity estimated without boardbags