Vaadhoo Surf Charter - Vaadhoo, Huvadhoo. Maldives
We have over 20 years experience in the Southern Maldives. We are passionate, dedicated, and want to make your surf holiday with us the most extraordinary experience. Great boat, great food, great crew with local experience is what you get. We start our trips in April and stay in the Huvadhoo Atoll until July.
Our 9 crew members on board will take care of you and 1 surf guide is all yours from 5.30am to whatever time you need. The boat has 9 comfortable cabins with AC, WiFi and private bathroom. It travels with a Dhony that has plenty of space to store your material or go fishing, and a Dhingy for short trips to and from the surf breaks.
We accept solo and group bookings. Single cabin bookings possible as well. We could accommodate 18 guests, but we limit the number to 12 to ensure comfort and maximum space for our guests, as well as to keep the surf less crowded.
In your free of surfing time we offer plenty of different activities. Such as fishing, snorkeling, a bit of diving, island hopping, BBQs, and much more. But when the surf is good, we surf!
The Blue Shark is a traditional Maldivian safari boat and is the perfect boat for surf trips. With several decks it offers plenty of space on board, is well equipped and maintained. Our professional and friendly crew will make everything possible to provide you with best experience.
- Size : 29 meters long / 8 meters wide
- Crew : 9 people plus surf guides
- Several open and closed decks with chairs
- Several reading areas
- Equipped with all modern safety equipment: sonar depth sounder
- CB Radio, GPS, Mobile Phone, Search light, plotting tools kit
- Compass, Chart,Standard safety equipment
- First aid kit.
- All cabins have twin beds
- Private toilets, shower and lavabo
- Wardrobe, book shelf, chair and small table
- Wifi for Internet access
Our surf Dhoni follows us everywhere, with plenty of space to store your quiver, your material, to watch the surf, and it is an excellent fishing boat.
Dhingy is best for for short trips to and from the surf breaks.
We will spend most of the time surfing, eating and sleeping. That is how a perfect surf trip should be like. And the best way is it to surf while living on a safari boat. And since we are in the Southern Atolls with less crowds, you will also get more waves while you are in the water. With our local crew and experience of over 20 years, we know exactly where the best conditions are.
- “Airports”: a fun righthander that likes a solid southwest swell.
- “Beacons”: on a good southwest swell, this break becomes a grinding righthander with a solid barrel.
- “Blue Bowls”: this longish righthander is more like a point and has plenty of open face sections for good turns.
- “Five Islands”: a hard-hitting right-hander with speedy walls.
- “Two Ways”: a right and lefthander that tends to favor the right on bigger swells; an easy workable wall that sits well with intermediates.
- “Love Charms”: a fun lefthander which has a playful wall when the sections link up on a bigger swell.
- “Tiger Stripes”: a racy lefthander with a thumping barrel on the inside section; tends to hold more swell than some of the other spots.
- “Castaways” – quite exposed and its inside section creates an aggressive bowl that leads you into a super fast and shallow section.
- “Coffee Break” – Excellent righthander with long walls for performance surfing.
- “Vilingili” – Excellent lefthander, with speedy walls and a very shallow reef at the end of the ride.
- “Koodoo” – Excellent righthander. It needs strong south to south-east swell.
- Snorkelling island discovery (uninhabited paradise islands, inhabited islands with small villages, resorts)
- Maldivian dinner on the boat
- Diving: in case you want to dive, please let us know in advance and we will get the equipment;
- Whale shark watching (depends on an area)
- Our crew spends a lot of time fishing, in order to have some good fresh fish on the table. You are welcome to participate.
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
Most of the time we are cruising in the southern atoll, the geographical name of the atoll is Huvadhoo.
From April to July we surf all the famous spots going south and in the south.
The atoll has two airports, one in the north east and one in the west.
There are many options to book your international flight to Male Airport, Maldives.
From there we will provide you with all relevant information about arrival and departure times.
Usually we book the domestic flights on behalf of our guests (flights from Male’ to the Huvadhoo atoll).
PRICES & PACKAGES
June 7 @ 14:00 – June 20 @ 14:00
June 21 @ 14:00 – July 4 @ 14:00
July 5 @ 14:00 – July 18 @ 14:00
Prices per pers.
- USD 2,790 in shared room for 14 days.
- USD 3,090 in single room for 14 days.
RETURNING GUESTS receive a discount of USD 200 on the trip (cannot be cumulated with early bird).
The domestic flight(s) are not included (approx. USD 215 one way). We take care of the booking for you.
- We accept single bookings and group bookings.
- All prices in USD
- Price per person
- Prices exclude domestic flights
- Single room guarantee USD 200, limited availability (4 per trip)
- Full charter prices are based on the price p.p. x 10; maximum 14 pax.
- Airport pick up (depending on the trip end location.)
- Airport drop off (depending on the trip start location.)
- 3 meals a day
- Unlimited Surfing
- Dinghy (small tender)
- Dhoni (large tender)
- Complimentary mineral water, coffee and tea
- We do have some photo and video equipment and take pictures.
- Fair use of Wifi
- All Taxes
- Domestic Flights
- Alcoholic Drinks
- Soft Drinks
- Tip Money