Bilbao Surf House - Basque Country, Northern Spain. Spain
Welcome to Bilbao Surf House, more than ten years of experience, more than 5000 students have learned with us, we follow safety regulations and have the necessary licenses to carry out our activities. We are specialized in all levels of different disciplines such as Surfing, SUP-race, and SUP -waves, using the best market materials and work method together with years of experience.
The Surf house is a charming refurbished 16 Century listed Basque farmhouse with a nice and warm atmosphere. An easy thirty-minute metro ride from downtown Bilbao, enjoy a pleasant setting in the small cliff-edge village of Barrika, on the Bay of Biscay.
Surf with us, no matter how old you want to start surfing, what is really important is the motivation and knowledge of your body, surfing is a very complete exercise and different from what you have tried in other sports, it is very fun and the sensations that we experience totally new.
During the month of July we offer English Camp with classes of two hours a day from Monday to Friday and conversation with a native teacher.
- Room with bunk beds for 6 persons
- Large bathroom
- Dining room with TV & DVD
- Self-catering kitchen
- Reading room with internet access
- Dorm room with bunk beds for 20 persons
- Bathroom with 2 showers and 2 WC
- Reading corner with internet access
- Washing machine/dryer
- Board storage and garden
Extending between Biarritz and Bilbao, the Basque Country is the finest surf coast in Spain and possibly in Europe. One of Europe’s best lefts, Mundaka is a powerful river mouth break in the picturesque Gernika estuary, a natural area protected by the UNESCO and dominated by the village’s church!
Another world class reef break is Meniakoz, a very big and powerful right. Further good spots in the area include Bakio and Sopelana, both regional classics with left and right beach breaks accessible to all, and Zarautz, a reputed beach break left and right venue of an annual WQS competition
- Good atmosphere and personalized teaching
- Classes taught in Basque, English and Spanish
- Small groups or private classes so you can enjoy and learn to the fullest
- Our teachers are EHSF graduates and aquatic lifeguards
- All courses include the necessary equipment: neoprene, leash, board suitable for the level
- Rc insurance and accident assistance
Ocean Waterman Experience
We offer a complete experience in the field of SUP Race, SUP Waves and SURFING in an unbeatable environment with qualified instructors and experts in the field.
- We work with all levels
- Exits to the sea both from the Ria de Plentzia, with access from Barrika, and from the different beaches to work the sup race, Sopela, Meñakoz and Barrika.
- Introduction to the sea both in surfing and in waves.
- We have introductory, advanced and elite materials for both surfing and sup.
- Down-wind: It is the technique that we use to take advantage of the waves and the favorable wind during sup race races in the open sea.
- Skate em half pipe
- Longboard skate
- Shape a board
- Stand up paddle
- Surf movies
- Talks about surfing materials
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
Amidst green pastures at the outskirts of a small village of the Basque Coast, the quaint surf house occupies a listed 16th Century “Baserri” Basque farmhouse. The beaches, nightlife and bars, the town center and the metro to Bilbao are all within walking distance from the surf house.
Bilbao, 24 km. (Bus-Metro)
Mundaka, 37 km
Donostia/San Sebastian, 132 km
Biarritz (France), 156 km.
Bilbao Airport (BIO), 20 km. (Easyjet, Hapag Llyod, Air Berlin, Aerlingus, Iberia, Lufthansa)
Barrika/Plencia Underground Station (last station on the line)
Pick-up service available
PRICES & PACKAGES
We offer different types of training for each different type of training for levels of initiation, advanced, advanced or extreme.
One Week Package
700 EUR per person
All year round: we advise from Easter to November.
Every day surf lessons, divided into two classes (morning and afternoon) including material, insurance and monitors, alternating daily activities to improve performance in classes such as slack lightning, carve board, long skate, half pipe, meteo and history of surfing, Sup, snorkel.
All year round (we recommend S. Santa, spring until June and autumn and winter).
Perfecting, advanced and extreme. Includes daily training sessions at sea with recordings and analysis of sea conditions, surfer technique and materials, two physical sessions applied to surf per week. Surfer’s own material, the trainer will provide the appropriate material if he considers it appropriate.
√ VAT included
√ 1 week (seven nights)
√ Full board (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
√ 4 hours of surfing daily ( 2 surf lessons)
165 EUR per person
Weekend course. All levels (Initiation, advanced, advanced and extreme).
√ VAT included
√ Entry Friday night
√ Departure Sunday after activity
√ Bed and breakfast
√ 6 hours of surfing
√ All year