Las Tunas Beach Surf House - Ayampe, Manabi. Ecuador
Escape from the cold winter and explore the best surf spots of Ecuador’s coast! This 14 day course is designed for all skills levels from beginner to advanced surfers and each student receives detailed coaching and careful supervision to achieve personalized goals.
Located 40 meters from the Pacific Ocean, surf students will have quick access to the best waves every day, providing enough experience to turn an intermediate surfer into an expert in no time! Guests will stay in a beach house located just steps away from miles of the quiet beach and endless epic waves!
Accommodations offer a fully equipped kitchen, two shared dorm-style rooms 2 with bunk beds for 4 people, two private bathrooms, of which offers a washing machine for guest use, and a second floor balcony that offers iconic sunset views. We also provide guests with access to our private bamboo hut located directly on the beach.
Beyond participating in surfing lessons, guests will also have the opportunity to indulge in local flavors, snorkel, sea kayaking, horse back riding and take numerous daily excursions to local land marks such as Aguas Blancas and Los Frailles national parks. Discover why Ecuador is known as one of the most beautiful and diverse places in the world while picking up some surf skills at the surf camp.
Each lesson provides detailed coaching methods and careful supervision to help our student progress their surfing skills. Whether you’re an absolute novice looking to ride your first wave, or an advanced surfer looking to perfect your technique and transition to the next level, our comprehensive program guarantees you’ll be surfing waves with style in no time!
Our instructors are national surfing competitors with decades of surfing experience so you can rest assured that you’ll be in exceptional hands! The bilingual guides are both professional and fun, catering to our student’s individualized learning styles.
- Ocean views
- Yoga decks
- Comfortable beds. This is a true surfer’s paradise with killer offshore winds, epic waves
- Tranquil property that’s a true getaway from the usual
- Two-story beach house
- Located a stone’s throw from the beach
- The private yard features manicured landscaping, lush green grass, and vibrant gardens
- The home’s hardwood terrace is decorated with colorful hammocks & is an ideal spot for relishing in the serenity of the outdoor oasis
Inside the house
- The entrance way flows into a spacious, fully equipped kitchen with modern appliances
- Full amenities
- Ample cupboard space
- Large dining table
- Colorful hand-painted art featured throughout the house
- Stunning mosaic spiral staircase leads up to the second floor
- Two guest rooms and the terrace
- Two bathrooms in the house, one located on each floor, and are shared among the guests staying at the house
- The second floor bathroom offers a washing machine that is available for guest use
- Two bunk beds and provide flexible sleeping options for up to 5 guests in each room
- West-facing windows bring in ample sunlight during the day & provide gorgeous sunset views in the afternoon
- Ceiling fan
- AC for temperature control
- Mosquito nets
Private bamboo hut located directly on the beach. Here you can seek shelter from the sun after a stroll on the beach, relax in a hammock after an exhilarating surf session, or simply hang out & catch the amazing sunsets while enjoying a beer. You will discover first- hand that Las Tunas offers the best sunsets around!
- Private group lessons
- Two professional and certified surf instructors
- 2-4 students per instructor depending on the size of the group
- Suitable for all levels from beginner to advanced surfers
- Lessons will be offered twice a day depending on the tide and surf conditions and will last for 2-3 hours
- Surf classes will be offered all week long during the 14 day camp.
- Students will have their lessons primarily in Las Tunas and Montanita, but there will be days traveling to other beaches to experience Ecuador’s oceanic variety
- Languages spoken are English, Spanish and Swedish
The Surf House Facility
- Located just 40 meters from the beach
- Outdoor shower for rinsing off post-surfing
- Private cabana where personal items like towels & shoes can be kept while students are in the water during their surf lesson
- Restaurant next to the cabana that offers beverages and food as well.
- GoPro videos and photos will be taken during the surf lessons. This will not only serve to help student review their technique in the water, but it also captures the special memories acquired during the trip
- Surfboard, leashes and rash guards will be provided to students
- Insurance is NOT included and students participating in the program should have their own insurance
Endless adventures available around Las Tunas regardless of the time of year:
- Explore the beaches along Ruta del Spondylus
- Go whale watching
- Visit La Isla de La Plata from Puerto Lopez
- Embark on a snorkeling excursion in Salango
- Observe the local wild life while hiking through the Machalilla National Park
- Head to the party town of Montanita to experience the local night life
- Discover why Manabi, Ecuador is known as one of the most beautiful places in the world.
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
Las Tunas, Manabí Ecuador is a “hidden gem” location offering secret surf spots, miles of un-crowded beaches, spectacular sea food restaurants, and breathtaking vistas known only to locals.
A small fishing village in the Ecuadorian province of Manabí. Dotted with bamboo cabañas serving legendary seafood, the beach at Las Tunas is long and uncrowded. A defining feature is Los Ahorcados, a striking rock formation rising out of the ocean to form a backdrop for sensational sunsets.
In many ways, life in Las Tunas has remained unchanged for decades. Here you can help the fishermen pull in the morning’s catch and be rewarded with fresh fish for dinner, buy a fresh pineapple from a fruit vendor’s bicycle cart, or pick up a few new salsa dancing moves from the local kids on the beach.
The town is tranquil and the neighborhood is quiet. Locals are very friendly and welcoming of foreigners visiting their town. Most locals do not speak English so if you don’t speak Spanish, a smile goes a long way in establishing good rapport!
The Surf House is located 4 hours from Guayaquil. The infrastructure is good, providing reliable roads from the city to the coast. You can get to Las Tunas via car, bus or private taxi. Specific arrival directions will be provided to guests upon confirmation of their reservations. We can also help recommend the best form of transportation for your trip to ensure you have a stress-free commute to Las Tunas.
PRICES & PACKAGES
Surf Camp Package
February 7 – February: $1,416 USD
March 2 – March 15: $1,296 USD
March 19 to April 1: $1,296 USD