Hua Hin Kitesurf Hotel - Hua Hin, Thailand. Thailand
One of the TOP things to do in Thailand is kitesurfing! Come to Hua Hin and learn kitesurfing and you’ll never forget these feelings!
With more than 15 years of experience, school hosts and instructors know much about kiteboarding, teaching, and how to run the best kitesurfing services. It is by far the largest kiteboarding school and shop network in Asia.The school has put over 10,000+ students through the courses, and trained 100s of kiteboarding instructors, so be sure – you are in good hands!
The school is open all year long. The main kiteboarding season is from October through to May. Hua Hin gets very consistent side shore winds. Training is designed for different levels of training from beginner to experts. You can also book SUP lessons. Rent kiteboarding equipment and SUP boards.
Accommodation in air conditioned superior double or twin rooms only 50 meters from the beach with perfect kitesurfing winds.
You will be accommodated in superior rooms (28 sq m) in guesthouse with 2 single beds or 1 double bed, bed linen and towels included, private bathroom, sea view, patio area, terrace.
Location: The apartments are situated only few meters from the kite school at the best kitesurfing spot in Hua Hin. Only 50 meters from the beach and 10 minutes walking from the Market Village of Hua Hin, supermarket, food market, stores. Nearby there are cafes, restaurants, shops 7/11.
✔ Free WiFi
✔ Air conditioning,
✔ Cable TV,
✔ Warm water heater,
✔ Microwave oven,
✔ Car park
Activities in the vicinity: Kitesurfing, Stand Up Paddle (SUP), windsurfing, horse riding, night clubs, fishing, golf, cinema, water sports, jet ski, leisure park, hiking
Who’s it for
This course is for people who want a kiteboarding course that’s going to give them all the skills and knowledge for boardriding. The last day focus’s on the water start, there’s nothing like your first board ride.
Beginner Course outline
The first part of the 3 day kitesurfing course, you will learn how to walk to and from the water with the kite flying. You will then learn how to re-launch the kite from the water surface.
The next part is very exciting as you will feel the power of the kite as it drags you through the water. Once you have these flying skills in the water, it’s time to practice self-rescue techniques and a complete pack down.
Body dragging upwind will give you the ability to pick up a board which is upwind of your position. Next you will learn the theory behind the waterstart.
And now the point you have been working towards, “its time to put a board on your feet!” And set up for a water start.
Kiteboarding season is from October to May.
IKO Level 1
Kitesurf Discovery Course Contents (IKO)
Level 1A – Beach Selection
– Know safe wind directions and conditions for kiting
– Know hazards on a spot
– Set up a trainer kite
– Know the use of safety systems
– Carry and handle the kite properly
Level 1B – Basic Piloting
– Have basic flying skills with trainer kite
– Launch and land the trainer kite with an assistant
– Twist and untwist the lines while flying the kite
– Walk and change directions while flying the kite
– Know the wind window
Level 1C – Control Systems
– Set-up a 4/5 line kite with a full de-power system
– Pre-flight check of equipment and settings
– In flight check of equipment and settings
– Pull quick release and activate leash
– Understand and use the international communication signals
– Launch and land the kite to an assistant and as an assistant (4/5-line de-power kite)
Level 1D – Power Control
– Control the kite hooked into the harness
– Understand the de-power system and can use the safety systems
– Advanced flying skills with the de-power kite
– Show full control of de-power systems in flight
Level 1E – Self Landing
– Self land
– Recover the bar and kite
IKO Level 2
Intermediate Kitesurfing Course Contents (IKO)
Level 2F – Downwind Drag
– Enter and exit the water independently and safely while controlling the kite
– Water re-launch the kite
– Body drag downwind
– Maintain correct kite position in the wind window
– Change direction to the left and right while body dragging
– Self-rescue and full pack-down in deep water
Level 2G – Upwind Drag
– Upwind body drag to recover board
– Upwind body drag holding the board with one hand
– Enter and exit at the same point while upwind body dragging
Level 2H – Steady Pull
– Know the power stroke for a water start
– Know the safety rules and theory for water start
– Can put the board on the feet and maintain the correct position for water start
Level 2I – Waterstart
– Water starts in both directions and ride a short distance
– Come to a controlled stop
– Understand weather forecast, tidal- and wind effects
– Determine the wind strength, direction and quality
– Know the right of way rules
– Know equipment set up and choice according to the weather conditions
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
Hua Hin, Thailand
Hua Hin is a seaside resort on the Gulf of Thailand, in the southern Thai province of Prachuap Khiri Khan. Once a quiet fishing village, it grew into a fashionable escape for residents of Bangkok after the 1920s, when the Thai royal family built summer palaces here. Hua Hin Beach, popular for kitesurfing and other water sports, is the main stretch of sand, lined with high-end hotels and seafood shacks.
Hua Hin is a 3 hr drive south from Bangkok. The cooling sea breeze, charming fishing port, history and nightlife make for an enjoyable stay. Perfect Kitesurfing winds, sandy beach, which stretches out for 6 km.
The main kiteboarding season is from October through to May. We get very consistent side shore winds. South East wind is affected by three major weather patterns.The northeasterly monsoon, the southwesterly monsoon, and the change over period or summer. The start and end of these seasons vary from year to year usually 3-4 weeks around the given change over month.
You will need a visa to enter Thailand. Citizens of 19 countries can obtain Visa On Arrival, however, be sure to prepare the necessary documents to obtain this kind of visa. More details here: http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/visa-on-arrival.php
For most standard tourists the usual recommended vaccinations for Thailand include cover against the childhood diseases (Tetanus and Diphtheria, Measles, Mumps and Rubella) as well as cover against the food borne diseases of Typhoid and Hepatitis A.
Flying to Bankok
Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) – International Airport of Bankok is located 3h drive from Hua Hin.
Direct flights available:
- Air France – Paris–Charles de Gaulle
- Austrian Airlines – Vienna
- British Airways – London–Heathrow
- Cathay Pacific – Hong Kong, Singapore
- Finnair – Helsinki
- Jet Airways – Delhi, Mumbai
- Jetstar Airways – Melbourne
- KLM – Amsterdam
- Lufthansa – Frankfurt
- Malaysia Airlines – Kuala Lumpur–International
- Norwegian Air Shuttle – Copenhagen, Oslo–Gardermoen, Stockholm–Arlanda
- Qantas – Sydney
- Swiss International Air Lines – Zürich
Getting to Hua Hin
Hua Hin is located 3 hours drive from Bankok. Transfer from and to the airport is included in the package.
PRICES & PACKAGES
Double Kite Package (5 nights)
This package suits for couples or friends, both willing to take Kite lessons and share a room.
The price is for 2 persons for 5 nights and include :
✔ 5 nights accommodation in double room or twin room
✔ Private bathroom
✔ Transfers from/to Bangkok airport
✔ 3 day IKO beginners kitesurfing course for 2 pers.
✔ Lessons are taken in english, german, russian etc
✔ IKO certification
✔ IKO recommended kite equipment during lessons (harness, helmet, life vest, wetsuit, kite, board, etc).
✔ Insurance for the time of lessons
Price: 955 EUR (for 2 persons)
Single Kite Package (5 nights)
Perfect package for a solo traveler or a Kitesurfer willing to travel with a friend/partner, who is not taking lessons.
The price is for 5 nights and includes :
✔ 5 nights accommodation in a single room or double room for 1 or 2 persons.
✔ Private bathroom
✔ Transfers from/to Bangkok airport for 1 or 2 persons
✔ 3 day IKO beginners kitesurfing course for 1 person
✔ Lessons are taken in english, german, russian etc
✔ IKO certification for 1 person
✔ IKO recommended kite equipment during lessons (harness, helmet, life vest, wetsuit, kite, board, etc). for 1 person
✔ Insurance for the time of lessons for 1 person
Price: 600 EUR for the package*
Kite course for 1 person + 5 nights accommodation in single or double room (if you decide to stay with one more person, who is not taking kite course, second person is not charged.)
We got you covered. Customize your own package with extra nights and lessons!
Add as many extra nights as you wish per 40 EUR/night
(2-3h + equipment) are available at a price of 110 EUR/lesson/pers
Already know how to Kite?
Make sure to pre-book your equipment and just turn up in your boardies and you’re ready to rock!
Complete Kitesurfing package
Kite, board, bar + lines, harness. Includes helmet hire and a board leash if needed – 110 EUR/full day
Also you can pre-book stand up paddle (SUP) equipment for you or your travel companion at 27 EUR/full day.