Corralejo Beach Windsurf Camp - Corralejo, Fuerteventura. Spain
Daily windsurfing, yoga, surfing classes and a good vibe. During this spring and summer 2016 we will be in Corralejo, Fuerteventura with our Wind Surfcamps and more. Learn to Windsurf, improve your skills or even advanced courses (waves, freestyle) & daily Yoga to stretch and strengthen the right muscles. A great moment for your self, relaxing, enjoying life!
We Like to make it Easy Going; Choose your own arrival date and duration, learn or improve Windsurfing in Fuerteventura, the windsurf mecca of Europe. Go windsurfing with our instructor Martin, enjoy a daily Yoga class with Eline to keep your muscles stretched, strong and recover fast.
Add some surfing to your package and play with some of Fuerte’s most beautiful waves on the north shore! You can stay as long as you like and add to your package what you prefer to have on your ultimate windsurf holiday! Most important for us is having a real good time, living the good life (like a local), relaxing under the sun.
There are waves and wind for every windsurfer/surfer and with daily yoga classes you can make sure your body stays relaxed and in good shape.
Our Home has all 2p-bedrooms, based on shared accommodation. The bathrooms, kitchen and living are also shared . If the availablity allows, you will have a private room.
- The bedrooms are basic, you’ll have a comfy bed, dimmable lights, blinders for the terrace doors and a desk in the room.
- The bathrooms have some luxury comfort and are spacious.
- The kitchen is open for use, you’ll have a cabinet and space in the refrigerator. All is ready for cooking:)
- In the living room there is a big table for the breakfast and joined dinners. Great space for a game, pay the bass, or to read a book.
- The patio is used for yoga which makes a perfect yoga’studio without a roof – amazing blue skies ad star-filled night skies to enjoy doing your savasana (final pose) outside.
- There is wifi around the house, a towel and bed-linnen are included in the price.
Join daily Yoga classes, sometimes even twice daily. Classes held on the beach, patio and other locations around the north. Yoga is helping our bodies to stay flexible, recover faster (in the water and outside), get stronger and by learning more about the way we move, we will progress faster in our windsurfing/surfing and other daily life activities. Its a great way to relax your body and mind!
A Yoga class takes between 60 and 75 minutes. Poses will be aimed for windsurfers and surfers. Eline teaches a mix of styles: Hatha, Poweryoga, Vinyasa/Flow and Restorative. Breathing is important, as without the breathe you would just be practising fitness. Watersports are very depended on our breath and therefor its important to practice with it. Suitable for beginners and more experienced yogi’s.
Martin our windsurf instructor teaches on daily base in the lagoons, and for advanced classes the bay or even on the waves! A windsurf lesson includes material, wetsuit, instructions, transport to the beach and a lunch. What we will teach you depends on your skills, conditions and the duration of your camp.
- Theory on: Wind directions and sail-able directions, conditions, wind. Water safety & rules.
- How to get on the board and start sailing
- Sail in different directions
- Rotate downwind and upwind
- None planing jibe
- Low wind Freestyle (if conditions allow)
- Footstrap use
- Power Jibe/Carve Jibe
- Freeride / Waveriding / Jumping / Freestyle basics
- Ask for the possibilities!
Like to ride those waves on the north shore or improve your surfing skills? Book a daily surf class! With our surf courses you will look for the best waves according level and conditions, small groups and lots of personal feedback. Surfing is not easy! It is a challenge and definitely a good feeling when you catch your first (white water) wave! You will be stoked, so be prepared for a change in your life;) For a confident base in surfing you need 3 to 5 classes, depending your motivation, the conditions and your experience with other boardsports and watersports you will learn at your own pace…
- Beach and watersafety theory
- Introduction to equipment
- Surfing basics: prone surfing, paddling, standing up and introduction to turning
- Basic weather and tide theory
- Re-cap on the basics of surfing
- Beach and water safety
- Stance and paddling techniques
- Getting out back techniques
- Catching and riding green waves (un-broken waves)
- Wipe out techniques
- Weather, wave and tide theory
- Beach and water safety
- Positioning and take off
- Wave selection
- Surf theory
- Surf fitness
In June its Fit & Yoga month. During the whole month you can join a Bootcamp or Hiit Training with Aline, she will be joining us as a new crew member. She will be personal trainer and instructor of bootcamp. Bootcamp/Hiit & Personal Training are a great way to work on your muscles and stamina while being on land. It provides you with extra strenght, endurance and motivation.
Besides the mental&physical benefits it will teach you some excersises which will come in handy back home on those non-windy / non-wavy days! Keep Fit, Stay Strong, Be healthy! Further we can arrange kitesurfing, diving and hiking activities. Near our WSY-Home its easy to rent a mountainbike and discover the rough ‘mal-pais’ & Northshore by bike.
Take a day trip to Lanzarote or Lobos, Go Snorkeling or enjoy Mojitos on the beach!
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
We are located in the ‘old town’ part of Corralejo, Fuerteventura. One of the 7 Canary Islands, special for its beautiful white beaches, blue ocean, rocky/volcanic landscapes, great surf and windsurf conditions and good vibes!
To get to the bars and restaurants will be about 5-10minutes walk. The supermarket is at the corner, bus stop around the block and Bristol Playa nearly at the end of our street. A walk to the bay/waikiki is 10 minutes.
There is amazing food for already 6€, fresh fish, paella, vegetarian hamburgers, tapas….
The beaches offers good location for sunset yoga sessions and the sand dunes are beautiful for a nice long walk. Nearby you will find one of the ‘volcanos’, worth a hike up there; great view!!!
AIRPORT: Fly into FUE (Fuerteventura) airport is the best choice!
RyanAir, Norwegian, EasyJet, Corendon and Vueling offer low budget tickets! Transavia, Tui, Airberlin, Iberia etc also offer flights for not to expensive prices. Prices vary a lot between holiday seasons and random weeks. So keep an eye on different moments and different companies
If you cant find a direct flight, it might be worth taking a look at a stop over in Barcelona or Madrid. RyanAir has 4 flights a day from Barcelona, which makes it almost always a short good transfer! (And cheap!)
FROM THE AIRPORT to accommodation
- From the airport you can take the public bus (mostly every half our) to Puerto del Rosario, here you transfer on to the bus direction Corralejo.
We are very near the busstation at ‘Bristol Playa’. Travelling by bus will take between 2/3 hours, depending your waiting time at the airport and in between.
- You can also ask us for an airport transfer, in that case, Pick up & Drop off will be arranged, the ride will take about 40 minutes.
- Third option is a Taxi, be prepared to pay a lot more, for the same ride…
- Of course there is always the choice of renting a car. This would be helpful if you plan on many rides around the island, the north shore, surfing on your own. Ask us for good deals, nice companies and which ones definitely to avoid…
If you decide to fly to Lanzarote, this is possible, but make sure you land before 14.00h as you still have to travel towards Playa Blanca from where you can take the FERRY to Corralejo. Last ferry prob. departs at 18.00h (different times on weekends! – Check Armas and FredOlson) We are on in island, so unless your staying for a while, flying is the only way…
PRICES & PACKAGES
Book a holiday with your own preferred arrival-date and duration. You can start at any day!!
Choose your activities/luxury in 2 different packages: Simple or Extended.
SIMPLE PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Daily Yoga lessons
- WindsurfLessons inclusive lunch, material, transport to the spot, wetsuit etc.
EXTENDED PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Daily Yoga lessons
- WindsurfLessons inclusive lunch, material, transport to the spot, wetsuit etc
- Airport Transfer
- SupYoga experience (lesson of standup paddle + yoga on a supboard)
OPTIONAL: Breakfast, Massage, extra lessons/rental, dinner night… Prices include admin costs.
- WindSurf 6 nights – 5 lessons: Simple €599,-
- WindSurf 7 nights – 5 lessons: Simple €620,- & Extended €730,-
- WindSurf 10 nights – 7 lessons: Simple €860,- & Extended €970,-
- Book together and get a discount on the accommodation
- If you like to add or extract anything just send a message, this are standard packages, its possible to customize the holiday to your wishes:)
- Book with 3+ people and get group-discount on the whole price.