NATAL Kitesurf, School, Tours & Surf Camp - Praia da Pipa, Tibau do Sul, Brazil. Brazil
Natal Surfcamp is situated in the small fishing town of Tibau do Sul, south of Natal in the state of Rio Grande do Norte. Tibau and its suburb of Praia da Pipa Beach are where young Brazilians and surfers from around the world meet. This is a privileged place of great natural beauty and dreamlike beaches, quiet and peaceful yet with an animated night life. Favoured by its location on the eastern most tip of Brazil, the coast of Rio Grande offers perfect conditions for surf and kitesurf during the whole year, with a well established swell from both the northern or southern Atlantic and steady Trade Winds. In Tibau do Sul and surrounded by tropical gardens and overlooking the beach, Natal Surfcamp offers bungalow accommodation, an outdoor swimming pool with deck and seaview and a restaurant. The camp runs a range of packages for surf, kitesurf and Stand up Paddle for all levels, including lessons and guide tours.
The Surfcamp covers 5.000 m2 of tropical gardens facing the sea and the beach.Accommodation at the surfcamp consists of bungalows distributed in the tropical garden, a hostel with common room and two luxury suites. Additionallly, there is also a private seaside cottage sleeping eight 200 metres form the surfcamp grounds. The Surfcamp also has a swimming-pool with a wooden deck affording sea view, free internet access, game room andrestaurant and bar with Brazilian specialities and French food – the owner is a French surfer !
10 bungalows of 30 m2 each sleeping 2 to 4 persons,
- Verandas and hammocks
- King-size beds
- AC and Fridge Bar
- 2 Luxury suites with sea view
- Noiseless AC, TV & DVD
- Veranda with hammocks and whirlpool
Independent seafront cottage on the edge of the cliffs, overlooking and with direct access to the beach and the surf spot. This large cottage occupies 1.500 m2 of private grounds. The Casa Tropical includes a house attendant who will make sure you have a pleasant stay. Guess will enjoy all the facilities at the surfcamp, which is only 200 m. away. ideal for families and group of friends who want more independence and privacy.
4 double rooms with sea views
- Accommodating 8 persons
- 2 bathrooms
- Living room and fully equipped kitchen
- Large veranda with dining room, sofa and barbecue.
- House for 8 persons
- The House is located 200m from the beach.
- Cleaning and Breakfats not included but possible to include
- 2 Suite with bathroom
- 2 room
- 1 bath room
- swiming pool.
- 900 eur for 4 person,
- 1000 eur for 6 person,
- 1100 eur for 8 persons..
Bed sheet and towels included
Favoured by its natural location on the Eastern most tip of Brazil, the coast of Rio Grande do Norte offers perfect conditions for surf during the whole year, with regular swell from the north or southern Atlantic according to the season. The best spots in the state are between Tibau do Sul and Praia da Pipa, and the best season runs from November to March, when the coast receives the strong swell from the northern Atlantic.
For experienced surfers, the “Cool Trips” are guided sur tours that will take you the best spots on the coast according to weather conditions. For those new to the surf, The “Surf School” will teach them how to surf. If you want to practice surf after the classes on the beach in front of the resort, you should add the material rental option for the whole day and practice till you drop on the beach next to the surfcamp !
Next to the Surfcamp:
- The mouth of the lagoon (800m), on the sandbanks, excellent spot but reserved for the high standard surfers, works with every kind of swell
- On the right of the mouth (300m) there is a quick and hollow reef that works with South East swell, reserved for the high standard surfers
- La Boy : beachbreak that work bye North, East and South East swell.
10 min walk South of the Surfcamp:
- Cacimbinhas : Long beach (4 km), beach break that works with East and South-East swell .
- Ponta do madeiro : Spot World Class, long reef right that works with North swell ( from November to March), better at low tide, the dominant winds (South-East) are off shore there.
- Do Curral, located in the dolphin bay, works with every kind of swell, protected against the dominant winds.
20 min by car from the Surfcamp:
- Lajao : Located in front of Pipa center, you have to paddle 300m to reach the reef, very long right that works with North swell. With South-East swell, several right and left peaks , works at high tide, protected from the dominant winds.
- Abacateiro : On the right of Lajao, right reserved for the high standard surfer because it breaks on a few-water-reef , very quick and hollow wave.
- Sororoca : Reef protected against the East and South-East winds , the wave forms itself thanks to an addition of North and South-East swells , gets up quickly , hollow and tubular,the reef is flat and without any danger, ideal to train for the late take off tube.
- Afogadas : Beach break that works with South-East swell, right and left.
- Lajinha : Spot World Class, Reef Break, works with east and South-East swell , at low tide , quick and hollow wave,very few water, high standard surfer .
Many other secretspots to discover!
Favoured by its natural location on the Eastern most tip of Brazil, the coast of Rio Grande do Norte offers perfect conditions for kite surfing thanks to the Trade Winds from the Southeast, with steady wind between 15 and 25 knots. Further north and west, the wind reaches 25-35 knots in Fortaleza.
For experienced kiters, The “Cool Trips” will take you the best spots on the coast. For those new to the kite, The “Kitesurf School” will teach them how to surf.
Facing the Surfcamp (500m – by boat) :
- The lagoon (800m), ideal for the beginners and average level kiters or for high standard kite surfers who like the flat water.
- The lagoon mouth (300m), surf in the waves that break on the sandbanks, excellent spot but reserved to expert kiters, works with every kinds of swell.
- North of the mouth (800m), 10 km of beach break ideal for the average standard to learn the wave riding, excellent for the down wind.
10 minutes walk to the South of the Surfcamp :
- Cacimbinha : Long beach (4 km), beach break that works when there is East and Southeast heave, in the open sea there are 2 reefs with excellent waves.
20 minutes in car far from the Surfcamp :
- Barra do Cunhau, River that flows into the sea and that had formed a sandbank , we can kite in the river, ideal spot for the beginners and high standard that likes the flat water, at the river outflow great spot of waves.
Many other secretspots to be discovered !
Stand up Paddle, or SUP in its short version, is the fun sport by excellence and exciting for all kinds of people; fit or unfit, children, youngsters, old, men or women, An ancestral sport from Polynesia where you can enjoy nice journeys exploring the coast while riding on top of a huge surfboard propelled with a paddle. The stability and floatability of the board is such that you can stand on your feet without any need of speed to maintain the balance. The use of a paddle makes it even easier to find the balance and therefore improvement is fast, much faster than with a traditional surfboard.
Tibau do Sul and Pipa area has many spots ideal to practice SUP: Down below the surfcamp, the lagoon is perfect to learn while the lagoon mouth is ideal to catch the first waves and the outside reef a challenge for expert surfers.
Natal Surfcamp also offers a Multisport package including kayak, horseback riding, trekking, mountain biking and excursions in the region.
The multi-sports pack is an activity mix, one per day :
- Day 1 : Pedestrian hiking in the ecological sanctuary
- Day 2 : Mountain bike
- Day 3 : Kayak
- Day 4 : Horseback riding
- Day 5: Trip to the mountains, hiking, farm visit and, country buffet meal
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
The state of Rio Grande Do Norte occupies the Eastern most tip of Brazil and South America. This region was first colonised by the French during the 16th Century. But it did not take long for Portuguese and Dutch to vie for the territory. In 1633 and under Dutch rule, the settling of the State of Rio Grande do Norte truly took shape. Its economic activities began with the exploration of salt, sugar cane and cattle-raising. The State of Rio Grande do Norte is a privileged region, with the sun shining all year long. It is privileged not only for its natural beauty, with beautiful beaches and dunes spread over the more than 400 km of coastline, but also for having the purest air in Latin America.
Improvements in tourist infrastructure and conservation of the natural heritage are some of the State’s priority today and one of the highlights was the creation of the Dune State Park, which aims to preserve the chain of sand dunes that surround the sate capital of Natal. The city is the gateway to the beautiful beaches of the State of Rio Grande do Norte, many of them still in a semi wild state, such as Pipa and Pirangi; and others livelier and more developed, such as Genipabu and Tibau do Sul.
Cliffs, rivers mouth and mangroves full of natural life make the capital of the State of Rio Grande do Norte one of the most attractive tourist destination in Brazil. In Natal, visitors can enjoy more than 300 sunny days a year, an average temperature of 26ºC (78º F) and breathtaking beaches that invite to watersports. White dunes surrounded by coconut groves, clear and warm waters – everything here combines to make your stay as pleasant as possible! Further, the almost 700 thousand inhabitants of the city enjoy an excellent urban infrastructure and tourists – over 500 thousand a year – are welcomed with prime equipment and services.
But the beauty of the beaches is not the only attraction in Natal. The Dunas Park is one of the largest city park in the country and unique of its kind with its urban landscape of dunes crisscrossed with hiking, jogging and biking trails.
Tibau do Sul – Praia da Pipa
80 kilometres south of Natal, Pipa beach is a part of the Tibau do Sul area. While Tibau offers tranquillity and quiet, its neighbour,Praia da Pipa has become a tourist centre whose main attraction is the evening entertainment it offers. This is where young Brazilians and surfers from around the world meet, a privileged place of great natural beauty and with dreamlike beaches, quite and peaceful yet with several restaurants, bars and discos for an animated night life.
Tibau do Sul, an Indian name that means “between 2 waters” – the Guarairas lagoon and the Atlantic Ocean – still preserves its tranquil way of life as a fishermen’s village. The best time of the year to enjoy its beaches is in summer, from December to March. For those wishing to visit during another period, however, there is no need to worry, as the sun shines there all year round. Among the natural attractions of Tibau are its crags (cliffs) and dolphins, which come frolicking to the coast.
Tibau do Sul 7 km. N of Praia da Pipa 80 km. S of Natal
Natal Airport (NAT), 80 km. Airport transfers included in packages Daily flight Lisbon – Natal with TAP (Portuguese Airways) www.flytap.com
domestic and international flights with www.voegol.com.br www.tam.com.br www.oceanair.com.br
A word of caution here: Both San Paulo and Rio have more than one major airport. It is crucial to make sure your connecting flight leaves from the same airport your international flight arrives at. Experienced travellers caution against transferring between different airports.
Brazil as a whole is just as safe as any other places in the world. Of course, few “safety tips” should be observed as not wearing fantasy items that will catch people’s attention or having your camera hanging down your chest.
The citizens of most nations do not need a VISA to enter Brazil, however, we strongly recommend you to check with the Brazilian consulate in your country about the requirements to enter the country. On your arrival you will get a 90 days Tourist visa that will give you plenty of time to enjoy Brazil.
The Brazilian currency is called the Real (Reais). Most places will accept cards such as VISA and MasterCard and ATM machines are located within supermarkets and gas stations. The surfcamp DOES NOT accept payment by VISA, but there is an ATM at Natal Airport and Pipa Beach (7 km from the surfcamp).
PRICES & PACKAGES
|PACKAGES||7 nights Bed and Breakfast||Surfaris 7 nights||Surf school 7 nights||Kite surf school 7 nights|
|Shared Room||175,- €||390,- €||440,- €||530,- €|
|Single Bungalow||455,- €||690,- €||740,- €||830,- €|
|Double Bungalow||490,- €||430,- €||480,- €||570,- €|
|Triple Bungalow||560,- €||365,- €||420,- €||505,- €|
|Quadruple Bungalow||630,- €||345,- €||395,- €||480,- €|
|Luxury Room||700,- €||–||–||–|
|CASA OBRA||CASA TROPICAL|
Surfaris, Surf school and Kite school packages include:
- Airport transfer go&return
- Bed and Breakfast
- 10 hours/week per kite or surf course
- Surfaris : 7 trips spot
- Full board service: 21,- €/day * per person
- Multisport : 110,- €
|Kite Surf||1h : 35,- € 7 hrs : 230,- €||1 day : 50,- € 7 days : 300,- €|
|Surf||1h: 25,- € 7 h: 150,- €||1 day: 15,- € 7 days: 80,- €|
|SUP||1h: 30,- € 7h: 200,- €||1 day: 30,- € 7 days: 160,- €|